(1)21 questions

~Amber~

I know you want it Amber." Matthew says to me, looming over me.

"No, stop! Get away from me Matthew!"

I attempt to turn away from him, but his hands grab my waist, positioning me to face him.

"Matthew please don't do this, please!" I beg, hot tears falling down my face.

He shoves a rag to my mouth, forcing me to breath in the chemicals that douse the rag.

My eyes get heavy, then suddenly my legs don't want to move. I try to run but I can't. my breathing slows down and everything around me calms.

The last thing I see before everything fades away into darkness is my rapist's face.

Then I wake up, trembling, tears running down my face.

"It's okay Amber, you're safe." I whisper to myself, trying to calm myself down.

It doesn't work though, it never does.

I get up from my bed and walk downstairs. Outside of the window in the kitchen there's a large dumpster and several trucks. My parents are having part of the house renovated, so it's been like this for a few weeks.

The cold water slides down my throat, bringing peace to my mind.

My then gaze moves to the window forming the urge to go for a walk.

The cold breeze hits my face, biting at my nose and cheeks as I step out of the house. The grass crunches under me with every step. The sky is pure black, with a crescent moon peeks out of a clump of clouds.

"You should probably stop walking unless you want to run into your fence." A deep voice says to the side of me.

I snap out of my trance realizing I'm only a foot away from the gate. My head snaps toward the direction of the voice.

A man sits under a tree, his face covered by shadows. He's smoking a cigarette with the relaxed position of an experienced smoker.

"Thanks." I say, embarrassment creeping its way into my mind.

After a moment of awkward silence, the mysteries man says, "Wanna sit with me?"

My small nod is followed by cautious steps towards him.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm one of the construction workers that's renovating your house, I'm watching the new pipes to make sure nothing goes wrong." He says, amused.

"Sorry, I don't usually get invited by mysterious men to sit with them."

Once I was settled next to him, he handed the cigarette to me, "You wanna drag?"

"Oh, no thanks, I don't smoke."

His eyes looked like the sky, pure black pools of black, they look beautiful in this light.

Woah, woah, Amber. What is getting into you?

"You sure? It helps take your mind off of things. You look like you need it chica misteriosa."

Not looking at him, I take the cigarette from his hand, breathing in, and letting the smoke fill my lungs, before exhaling.

He's right, it does calm me down a bit.

"You sure you're not a smoker? That pretty good for your first time." He says, taking the cigarette back.

"I know people who do it."