(5)The Park II

I look behind me to see two cars right behind us, there are men leaned out the windows shooting at us.

"It's bullet-proof ángel, don't worry." Xander says to me.

He pulls a gun from the waistband of his sweatpants and starts firing back at the men.

I sit in the soft leather seats, useless as can be, as I watch a gun fight that I thought only happened in movies.

The car takes a sharp right turn, throwing Xander on top of me and squishing me against the door of the car.

My shoulder blade hits the lock button, causing the door to fly open, I scream. I start to fall out of the car, my hair streaming behind me with the rough wind.

Right before my whole body flips out onto the road Xander catches me, his hand is around a thick chunk of his hoodie that I'm wearing.

He swiftly pulls me back in, I grab onto the car door closing and locking it in the process.

"If you don't die during this I'm gonna kill you after." I say in a pissed time of voice.

"As you should."

He leans his head out the window and resumes shooting, I notice he's not shooting at the men in the car, but instead shooting at the tires of the car the men are in.

He successfully blows out a tire of one of the cars, causing it to come to a crashing stop and flip over.

The two cars close the gap the third car left, not for long though, as Xander blows out a tire from one of the cars.

The car swerves which causes it to crash into the other car, leaving them both on the side of the road in a heap of flames.

"Well we're gonna have a fun talk when we get home." I say, my words full of sarcasm.

He puts his gun back on safety before turning to me, "I'm sorry."

"For what? Lying to me about you being in the mafia? Or is it about putting my life in danger? Oh, or is it the one where you pretended to be a construction worker?"

"All of it, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it Alejandro." I say before turning back to the window.

Whenever I'm really pissed at someone I use their real name, not the nickname I usually call them.

That means you've really, really, fucked up since nicknames are very important to me.

We ignore each other for the rest of the drive before we arrive at what I assume is Alejandro's home.

Which happens to be a mega mansion.

"You live here?!"

"Yes."

"So own the Lamborghini too?"

"Yep."

I turn my head to see an array of expensive cars all lined up on the driveway. Just one of them is more expensive than five years of both my parents paychecks.

The mansion is a beautiful off-white, with accents of black. It's unique, unlike others I've seen in pictures.

Surrounding the mansion are tons of bushes that are clipped to perfection. There also seems to be a large pool and outdoor bar.

He leads me towards the front door. Where there is two small pathways along the sides of the stairs that the water runs down. Everything about the outside appearance of the mansion is perfect.

Once we walk inside his mansion, my jaw drops.

The inside of the mansion is a dark contemporary that is a blend of modern and rustic.