Chapter 8

The night was electric as Justin approached the theater, a lively buzz surrounding him. He stepped through the grand entrance, the sound of chatter and laughter blending with the rich aroma of fresh flowers adorning the lobby. His eyes scanned the opulent space, taking in the gold and burgundy decor, plush velvet seats, and glimmering chandeliers.

As he made his way to his seat, he noticed a group of fans gathered around a display featuring Jeanna's promotional material. Her radiant smile on the poster drew attention, and he could overhear snippets of their conversations.

“I’ve been following her since her first show!” one fan exclaimed, clutching a playbill. “She’s so talented, not to mention gorgeous and kind!”

“I heard she’s going to be in a new movie too,” another chimed in, eyes wide with excitement.

Justin settled into his seat as the lights dimmed, a hush falling over the crowd. The anticipation was palpable, and the energy in the air crackled. As the curtain rose, Jeanna stepped onto the stage, her presence commanding immediate attention.

The performance began, and Justin watched intently as Jeanna moved gracefully, her voice soaring through powerful ballads and playful, upbeat numbers. The audience hung onto her every word, completely enthralled by her charisma and talent.

So summon up your nerve
Fairytales exist
And this one has a twist
‘Cause you’re underestimated

You never once stood out
Hardly passed a test
Sometimes though it’s best
To be underestimated

“Wow,” he whispered to himself, leaning forward. He saw her expressive eyes and infectious smile as she danced and sang, completely in her element. Each time she belted a note, applause erupted around him, and he clapped fervently, joining in with the crowd.

As the show progressed, Justin picked up on the conversations around him. He could hear fans discussing their favorite moments, excitement palpable.

“Did you see that dance number?” one woman exclaimed, her eyes sparkling. “I wish they do a bootleg in WestEnd!”

“I know! I'm wondering if Prince William sees this” her friend replied, clapping her hands in excitement.

"I think some Royalties are in the audience right now" the woman said.

When Jeanna delivered a heartfelt monologue, the audience sat in rapt attention. The weight of her words resonated throughout the theater, and Justin noticed how people around him leaned in, captivated.

Finally, the curtain call arrived, and the theater erupted in applause. Justin joined in enthusiastically as the cast took their bows, his eyes fixed on Jeanna. She beamed at the audience, radiating joy.

After the show, Justin made his way to the stage door, excitement filling the air. He stood among a small crowd of fans and reporters, the atmosphere buzzing with energy. The chatter was lively, filled with praises for Jeanna’s performance.

“Jeanna, you were amazing!” one fan shouted, clutching a bouquet of flowers.

“I can’t believe this is your last show! You have to keep performing!” another chimed in, urgency in their voice.

As Jeanna emerged from the stage door, the crowd erupted into cheers. She looked radiant, her hair slightly tousled, cheeks flushed from the performance.

“Thank you so much, everyone! Your support means everything to me!” she exclaimed, her voice warm and inviting.

The crowd murmured in excitement at her words as she signed autographs and engaged with each fan. Her laughter rang out, creating an intimate yet electrifying atmosphere.

When a reporter asked her about her future plans, Justin leaned in, eager to hear her response.

“I said Waitress would be my last show,” she began thoughtfully, “but Broadway is in my blood. I realized that opportunities keep coming my way, and I can’t imagine not being a part of it.”

The crowd murmured again, excited at her honesty. Justin stood back, letting her have her moment as she connected with her fans.

As the crowd began to thin, Jeanna finally spotted Justin. Her face lit up with a wide smile, and she made her way over, energy radiating from her.

“Hey! You made it!” she exclaimed.

“I wouldn’t miss it,” he replied, his tone sincere. “You were incredible out there.”

“Thank you!” she beamed, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “It’s always a little nerve-wracking, you know? But tonight was different. I felt... free.”

“Is that a bad thing?” he asked, genuinely curious.

“Not at all,” she replied, her expression shifting to one of determination. “I think I’ve found my place, and I want to see where this journey takes me.”

As they stood there, surrounded by the remnants of the night—the fading applause, the scent of stage makeup, and the warmth of shared laughter—Justin noticed the excitement in the air.

“Hey, let's grab the dinner we talked about" hhe suggested, a playful grin on his face.

Jeanna’s eyes lit up. “That sounds perfect! I could use a drink after all that excitement.”

As they walked away from the theater together, the energy of the night still pulsing, Justin felt a sense of promise in the air, one that hinted at new beginnings and possibilities. The night stretched ahead of them, full of laughter, celebration, and the thrill of something more.