3

Namjoon: why is he not picking up the call?

I frown as I stare at the screen.

I called Jin hyung an hour ago, but he didn’t pick up, and even now, there's no answer.

Is he in an important meeting?

I push away the negative thoughts. He'll call me back once he sees my missed calls, I’m sure.

________________________
Namjoon mutters curses under his breath as he ends the call and dials Jin's number again.

Namjoon: where is he?

Namjoon glanced at the grandfather clock.

It was nearly 1 in the morning, and Jin still wasn’t home.

He ended the call once more, and this time, dialed Jin’s friend, Jimin.

Jimin: ...hello?

Namjoon: sorry to disturb you but it's Jin Hyung with you?

Jimin: huh? Uh.. no I'm at home right now... But Jin Hyung... Ah! I remember he said he had dinner with one of the business partners so maybe he went there. Is everything alright?

Namjoon: he isn't home yet... So I was getting worried... And he's not even picking up my calls.

Jimin: try calling him I'll do the same.

Namjoon: ok- Hyung!

Jimin: hello? Namjoon? Is it Jin Hyung?

Namjoon: ah, yes! He's home.

Jimin: that's a relief. Anyways good night.

Namjoon: good night.

Namjoon ended the call hurriedly and walked towards Jin who was stumbling as he walked in the house.

Namjoon: Hyung! You're finally back home! I've got such amazing news to share!

Jin:... Umm..

Namjoon: wait before that where were you?

Jin:...

Jin ignored namjoon and walked towards the bedroom.

Namjoon: Hyung I'm talking to you! Where were you? Do you know how many times I called? I was so worried Hyung!

Jin:...

Namjoon: Hyung! Stop ignoring me and answer me! Where were you?

Namjoon stood in front of Jin stopping him.

Jin: move.

Namjoon: not until you answer me... And why do you reek of so much alcohol? Hyung you were drinking? I thought you promised me that you will quit drinking!

Jin: WHY DO YOU CARE?! IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU... IF YOU WEREN'T FUCKING INFERTILE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO SUFFER! NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Tears welled up in Namjoon’s eyes as he stepped aside to let Jin pass.

Jin deliberately bumped into Namjoon’s shoulder with force as he walked into the bedroom.

______________________

I let out a groan as I got up.

After what happened last night, I didn’t want to sleep in the bedroom, so I crashed on the sofa.

I didn’t expect him to call me that.

Has he always thought of me like that?

But what about the date he took me on just a few days ago?

Maybe... it was just a drunken mistake?

Yeah... that must be it. He probably didn’t mean what he said last night and just made a mistake. I’m sure he’ll apologize today.

The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced it was a mistake.

Everything will be fine as long as he apologizes for what happened yesterday. I’m sure he will... right?

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear footsteps and see Jin hyung coming out of the bedroom.

Namjoon: ...g-good morning Hyung.

Jin:... Hmm.

I open my mouth to say something, but Jin hyung walks past me and heads toward the kitchen.

I quickly wipe my tears and go to the bedroom to freshen up.

_____________________

Namjoon: Hyung...

Jin: I'll leave first. I'm done.

Namjoon helplessly watched as Jin got up and left.

Namjoon:...

And just like that Jin left for work without saying a word.

____________________
I stared blankly at my mother-in-law.

It had been three days since that incident, and Jin hyung hadn’t apologized or even tried to talk to me. Whenever I attempted to start a conversation, he either left the room or ignored me completely.

My attention shifted back to my mother-in-law when she set the cup of tea down a bit too loudly.

Mrs Kim: so, how's your relationship with my son going?

It was strange—very strange—for her to ask me that question, but when I saw the smirk on her face, I knew instantly that she was aware of everything that had happened between me and Jin hyung.

She was simply here to mock me.

Namjoon:...

Mrs Kim: cat caught your tongue? Anyway I'm busy so I'll cut to the chase... Here, sign on this.

I looked up, confused, as she pulled out some papers from her handbag.

She set them on the table and looked at me with a confident expression.

With a sinking feeling in my gut, I hesitantly reached for the papers and picked them up.

Namjoon: what the-

________________________
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT:)