2

Namjoon: I'm really sorry hyung. I don't think so I'll be home early today.

Jin: but we have the doctor appointment today.

Namjoon:... I...

Jin: ( sigh) focus on your work. I'll cancel today's appointment and push it forward to the weekend.

Namjoon: thanks a lot hyung.

Jin: ok. Bye now. See you at home.

Namjoon: yup bye.

Namjoon ended the call with a faint smile as he stepped out of the cafeteria.

Despite his smile, guilt lingered on his face.

Namjoon had no reason to stay late at work today, but he didn’t want to go to the doctor.

He was afraid that he might truly be unable to conceive a child.

He feared that once the doctor confirmed his infertility, Jin would come to hate him.

He was terrified of being left alone. Jin was the only person he considered family in this world, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing his only family.

???: hyung you ok?

Namjoon snapped out of his thoughts and noticed Jungkook, his colleague, watching him with a concerned expression.

Namjoon: I am. Just thinking about something.

Jungkook: ok. By the way here's the report you asked.

Namjoon: I'll call you once I go through it.

Jungkook: thank you hyung.

Namjoon gave a smile to jungkook and once jungkook left the smile disappeared.

________________

Yoongi: I thought you were done with your work?

Namjoon: uh... Yeah I'm... But I thought it would be better if I could just prepare for the upcoming meeting.

Yoongi: prepare for the upcoming meeting that's three weeks later?

Namjoon: uh... That...

Yoongi: ( sigh) what is it Joon?

Namjoon:...

Yoongi: is it your mother-in-law again?

Namjoon: ... Yeah...

Yoongi: what happened?

Namjoon: well every time the results are the same so Jin hyung booked an appointment but...

Yoongi: but you're afraid of what your results might be so you made an excuse of overtime and avoided it?

Namjoon: yeah...

Yoongi: you know that's just running away right?

Namjoon: I know hyung... But what if... What if I'm truly...

Yoongi: Since when did having a child become essential for a married couple? You do realize there are plenty of couples without children who are still happy, right? And Jin hyung would never leave you because of this. You should know that better than anyone.

Namjoon: I know but...

Yoongi: no buts Joon. I'm damn sure everything's going to be ok. So, don't worry about it much and go home early today.

Namjoon:... Ok. But not now, I'll just complete this one ppt and leave.

Yoongi: ok. See you later!

________________________

Jin: Namjoon~let's go on a date~

Namjoon: I thought you would be angry about cancelling the appointment...

Jin: that's ok. Why would I be angry about that?

Namjoon:...

Jin: now don't overthink and change into something nice.

Namjoon: okay. I'll be back soon.

___________________

Jin and Namjoon sat at a table in the corner, away from the other diners. Jin wore a sharp suit, looking confident as always. Namjoon, dressed more casually, adjusted his glasses and took in the calm surroundings with a small smile.

Jin placed his face on his palm as he glanced around a bit. A playful look in his eyes.

Jin: it's a good place, isn't it?

Namjoon: You always know how to pick the perfect spot.

Namjoon chuckled his dimple showing making Jin's heart skip a beat.

The waiter arrived with their appetizers, small, fancy dishes that looked almost too pretty to eat. Jin immediately tasted his food with a dramatic gesture, clearly enjoying himself. Namjoon watched, smiling.

Namjoon: looks like you really like the food here.

Jin: of course. Good food, good company... What more could I want?

As their main course arrived, they continued talking and laughing, sharing stories from the past and enjoying each other’s company. The mood was light and relaxed, filled with the warmth of their love.

They finished with dessert, a rich chocolate cake they decided to share. Jin teased Namjoon by feeding him a bite, making him laugh, while Namjoon tried to stay composed.

With smiles on their faces both of them went back home.

Jin: did you have fun?

Namjoon: obviously hyung! Thank you!

Jin: you know how to thank me right?

Namjoon blushed and kissed Jin.

Jin: I'm gonna need more than that baby.

Namjoon: let's hurry up and go home then hyung...

Namjoon whispered looking at Jin's lips.

______________________

It's been five days since that dinner date Jin hyung took me to.

The date ended the next morning on our bed with my body aching everywhere.

And right now I'm sitting in the bedroom at home, holding a pregnancy test and waiting for the results. I hadn't planned on taking another test before my appointment this weekend, but after dealing with morning sickness the past two days, I figured I should go ahead and check.

I haven't told Jin hyung yet. What if it's just an illness and not pregnancy? I don't want to get his hopes up only for it to be a false alarm.

I gasp, tears welling up in my eyes, as I watch the second line appear on the test kit.

Namjoon: finally...!

I can’t wait to share the news with hyung! I can already imagine how happy he'll be when he hears.

____________________

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT:)

read-go thanks a lot for all the title ideas you shared.

And this is what I think would be a good title according to the story.