femme fatale

It had only been a few hours after Janice had lost her place as manager to Marjorie and she was infuriated. She knew that she deserved that spot more than anything, the younger woman was completely incompetent and she was far too used to getting what she wanted. Janice had to work for everything that she got, fighting to earn the position that she had now lost. She resented Marjorie for every fibre of her being but the one person who she hated even more was Mia. If she had kept her nose out of her business, she would have the job that she deserved. She would make the redhead pay if it was the last thing that she did.

Janice was a smart woman, she knew that attacking the redhead straight on would bring her only a slight bit of joy, she needed to hit her where it really hurt. She knew exactly how to get under her skin, to make her beg for mercy.

Roger and Mia had played her for a fool, they wouldn't make that mistake again.

"You will regret this Roger I can promise you that. I've done everything for you and this is how you repay me? Fuck you" she stormed out of the building, her heart pounding against her chest. The moment she stepped foot out of the building, the cold air of winter smacking her in the face, she felt a moment of relief. She loved the colder months, it was the only time she truly felt happy, like herself.

Ruffling around in her pocket she searched for the packet of cigarettes and lighter that laid inside. She had been a smoker ever since she was a young teenager, it was a habit that she had never seemed to be able to kick. It gave her some relief and prevented her violent tendencies from surfacing, calming her down ever so slightly. Unfortunately this hadn't helped her when it came to her now deceased husband, he had tipped her way too far over the edge and had paid the price.

Roughly, she pulled the lighter and one cigarette from the packet out of her pocket and instantly brought it to her lips. The moment the cigarette was lit she felt relief wash over her, exhaling swelling as she threw her head back as it leant against the wall. The anger was overwhelming, it was beginning to take over her mind and she inhaled deeply again.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

The longer she stood in front of the home of the man she hated with her entire being, the further her fury grew. She had to relieve this stress and she knew exactly how. It was time for them to pay for underestimating her, for taking her talents for granted for so long.

Discarding of the cigarette, she made her way towards her black bentley that outshined Marjorie's death box of a car. Slamming her foot onto the pedals she rushed off to the nursery, her victim awaiting with no idea that they would not be making it home to their children that night.

The woman ran multiple red lights, unbothered by the consequences and simply wanting to arrive at her destination as soon as possible. Her eyes narrowed the second the nursery came into vision. She had killed for that man, lied for him, stole for him, cheated for him, all to secure herself a good life and make sure she got the respect she deserved. Yet after everything, here's she sat, hand firmly gripped on the steering wheel as she stared at the building before her with pure malice in her eyes.

It was nearing the end of the working day, as she watched the final parent exit the building, waving her goodbyes to the last worker left in the room. Bingo. Charlotte.

She didn't have long before the brunette would be making her way out of the nursery so she would have to act fast. Intently she watched the young woman make her way gracefully around the toddler room, picking up the remaining toys that had been scattered around the room. She was so beautiful and innocent in the older woman's eyes, she deserved so much more than the bitchy redhead that had snatched her the first chance she could. Janice could treat her so much better than she ever could, she could hold her in her arms and run her fingers through her hair. She would give her that, once her revenge was complete, she would give Charlotte the love that she deserved.