Chapter 2 Life with a New Baby

Orko and Dree Elle have just welcomed a handsome baby boy into the world. His name is Eddym. Orko and Dree Elle love him very much. They absolutely adore him. But life with a newborn isn't easy at all. Plus right now Dree Elle's emotions were feeling kind of fragile. But the healers assured her it was normal. "It will take sometime before you feel like yourself again," Ziki told her.

"Okay," Dree Elle said. Dree Elle began to relax with her new son. Dree Elle felt such love towards her tiny son.

"He's perfect," Orko told Dree Elle.

"I think so too," Dree Elle said. "I love him so much," she said.

"As do I," Orko said. "He has only been here a day and I feel such love for him," he said. "So tiny, so precious," he said.

"I am so glad he is finally here," Dree Elle said. "Can hardly believe how amazing that he came from inside me," she said. "I am so happy I grew such a healthy and handsome baby boy," she said.

"I am glad he is finally here too," Orko said. "I finally get see my amazing son," he said. "I am glad I got to see him come into this universe," he said. "Yes and Adam looked very happy holding him," he said.

"Yes it was very cute," Dree Elle said. "I am very happy," she said. "Now we are parents," she said.

"Yes we are," Orko said. "Now we are going to raise him," he said.

"It is very important and I am very happy about this," Dree Elle said.

Now came parenthood and Orko and Dree Elle were prepared for caring for their son. But there were many things they were not prepared for, like how tough it would be.

For one thing Eddym slept no more than two hours at a time. Every night Eddym would cry often. Orko and Dree Elle were woken up often by his cries. Sometimes guards who were on the nightshift would hear baby Eddym crying.

"What is that?" one of the new recruits asked one night. "Is that a baby?" he asked.

"Yes," One of the older guards said. "Orko the Trollan court magician and his wife Dree Elle a Trollan song mage had their first baby about a week ago," he said.

"Oh," the new recruit said. "Sure is making a ruckus isn't he?" he asked.

"Yes he is that baby boy named Eddym sure is loud," the older guard said.

"Yes he sure is making a fuss right now," the new recruit said.

"That's true," the older guard said. "Don't worry her parents are taking care of it," he said. "The crying has stopped." he said.

"I see," the new recruit said. "I bet man guards on the night shift will get an earful of baby cries for a while," he said.

"That maybe true," the older guard said. "But babies cry it's what they do," he said.

"Yeah having two younger brothers I understand I remember how much they cried as babies," the new recruit said.

"Well we better continue on our way of the patrol during the night shift," the older guard said.

"Okay I'm coming," the new recruit said.

Orko and Dree Elle were both very tired. Orko's hat was crooked and his scarf was all cattywampus. "There, there Eddym there, there," Orko said rubbing Eddym's back as he cried one night. "It's alright," he said. "Daddy is here and he loves you," he said. Eddym wasn't hungry or needed a change, he was just fussy. Finally he began to settled down. "There, there, I'm here," he said. "Sleep, Eddym, sleep," he said. Then Eddym went back to sleep.

Orko put him back in the cradle. Then he went back to bed himself. "Ugh," he said and started to fall sleep. But then he noticed the sun was coming up. "Oh, morning now?" he asked himself in disbelief.