Chapter 1: Before the Solar Eclipse

A distressed Iagen called Indeavorga to abandon her battle in South Africa. The Ice Sister left Shaphkiew to deal with Fermato and Yanshi as she aided Iagen and Delmisa in their duel with Fanghui. Their powers were meaningless against the Supreme Herald. The megachasmoids watched the battle, following Fanghui's order not to interfere.

"Herald's Hand: Watchdog of Heimdall!" Fanghui's red and teal eyes leered into Delmisa's.

The Death Sister fainted as her eyes rolled in a trance from the arcane Scandinavian spell.

Indeavorga played her harp hands to launch red icy needles at Fanghui, but he lunged a palm forward to release his very own ice attack. "Herald's Hand: Skadi Destrudo!"

Fanghui's palm summoned a scalding blizzard that cut the needles and burnt the Ice Sister. Iagen and Fanghui roared at each other with their battle cries.

"Ouroboros Fang: Weeping Earthbound!"

"Herald's Hand: Fury of the Aesir!"

An enraged Iagen swarmed Fanghui with dislocated rolling punches. "Ouroboros Fang: Lunar Misfortune!"

"Herald's Hand: Loki's Mirage!" The Supreme Herald swatted palm strikes in blinding speed that looked like a thousand hands.

"Ouroboros Fang: Malefic Escuridao!" Iagen kicked his dislocated feet.

"Herald's Hand: March of the Nordic Tribes!" Fanghui countered Iagen's kick with a foot that stomped like the strength of a thousand Vikings.

Iagen slashed his fanged arms at Fanghui. "Ouroboros Fang: Baneful Dreadscythe!"

"Herald's Hand: Divine Ragnarok!" Fanghui slashed his limbs off, burning the demon with white fire.

Iagen's arms regenerated and morphed into flesh dragons. "Ouroboros Fang: Draco Animus!"

"Herald's Hand: Chaos Dragon, Nidhogg!" Fanghui smashed his fists together to summon a winged shadow dragon that chomped Iagen in half.

Iagen and the two sisters gazed at Fanghui's cold hateful eyes as they slowly regenerated. When they stood on their feet, Fanghui signaled the megachasmoids to fire. The demons screamed as the magic-proof droids relentlessly mowed them down.

"I assume you all need no further demonstration of my power," Fanghui hissed. "Now leave and prepare for your war ritual with the Vulpi."

"Curse you, Fanghui!" Iagen glared.

"W-we must retreat to the Archkaos!" Indeavorga begged Iagen. "W-we're running out of Shien's blood. If we stay, we'll burn in ash!"

"Oh, yes. You better give Eszkeios Shien's blood before you run out," Fanghui mocked. "The beast wouldn't be happy if you broke your contract."

"Mark my words, Fanghui. We'll beat the Vulpi for sure! Then, Sol Eszkeios Epsilon will deal with you!"

The three morphed into a combined dark cloud of corpses, flying away from the Arcane Phalange. Delmisa and Indeavorga called Shaphkiew and Nekhamon back into the music dimension before they ran out of Shien's blood. They left humiliated, realizing Fanghui was far stronger than any of them. Even if the Omaunukai beat the Vulpi in tomorrow's war ritual and restored Eszkeios, Fanghui's Kneapexio and megachasmoids would be ready to slaughter them all.

"Ready all battalions! It's time to conquer the Vulpi's last refuge, the last stronghold of Democracy, America!" The Supreme Herald shouted into his transceiver. "Shien and Isrina finished their roles in the Revelation Concerto, and now I'll wipe the last traces of Jinhai Niang!"

***

In the Archkaos, Iagen, Indeavorga, and Delmisa knelt before the ancient beast they worshiped, Sol Eszkeios Epsilon. The black planet-sized centipede made of corpses hovered above them, piercing their hearts with sharp purple tongues to absorb the remnants of Shien's blood. Iagen, Delmisa, and Indeavorga knelt before the Eszkeios, fearing punishment.