Chapter 2: Screams of the Damned

After dropping the Vulpi off in the musical realm, Psyinen rode on her oboe staff like a witch's broomstick. She sealed all the portals so the Omaunukai couldn't sneak into Earth.

"So this is the Archkaos," Elysia walked on the prismatic floor, looking at the nebulae that spiraled across the cosmic space.

"Welcome, my lady!" Enshiron held hands with Elysia as the Vultau masters assembled the Vulpi people for battle. "Dear me, so many of our fluffy companions!"

Some Vulpi were Vultau apprentices with superpowers, while others wielded simple guns, blades, and archery bows. Inveticus and Fermato rallied them in position while Seniel, Yanshi, and Oreic prayed and encouraged the nervous Vulpi.

"I'll be waiting in Choro Emplexion until Mivangeline's project is ready," Psyinen reported.

Oreic hugged her. "Alright, Psyinen. We're counting on you to deliver the package."

After Psyinen left the musical realm, Master Fermato checked his watch. "The solar eclipse has arrived."

The Vulpi felt their hearts drop cold as the cosmic ambiance of the Archkaos shook. A giant shadow of a planet-sized centipede slithered across the prismatic floor below their feet. They watched Sol Eszkeios Epsilon's shadow settle on the opposing side of the battlefield, pooling its side with blood.

"I-It's Shien's blood!" Enshiron shuddered.

Elysia growled, tightening her hand with Enshiron's. "We'll make them pay!"

"Together," Oreic played his saxophone to summon his flaming phoenix. "Enbu Fenix! Burn away all unrighteousness!"

Guardian Inveticus blew into his hulusi for his frost mantis. "Des Manthesia! Freeze the darkness!"

Yanshi drew his bouldered erhu to summon his rock golem. "Awaken from the Earth, Macadion Firma!"

Seniel played her water guzheng to call her twin-headed water serpent. "Levian Exedra! Bring forth the waters of hope!"

"Echelus, my humble steed, come forth!" Fermato's cello transformed into its horse form

As Fermato rode on Echelus, the rest of the Vultau masters played instruments to summon their trusted creatures. War elephants, griffins, and sword-wielding centaurs joined the Vulpi in their imminent war.

"Beautiful summons, my dear Vulpi brothers and sisters," Someone rose from Shien's blood.

The Vulpi watched as a familiar shadowy Vulpi with pentagram pupils, a melted porous mouth, and a necklace of human ribs stood.

"Iagen!" Oreic hissed.

"Good to see my old Vultau friends," Iagen folded his long, skeletal fingers.

Indeavorga and Delmisa rose from the bloody floor beside Iagen.

"My former student," Fermato glared at Delmisa.

"A shame we must fight on different sides, Fermato," The Death Sister barred her jackal fangs.

"Calm yourselves, my friends," Iagen sighed. "Fellow Vulpi! I have a proposition to make."

"We're done with your temptations, Iagen! Enough of your games!" Oreic roared.

"Fools! Listen to me, for I have dire news, dear Vulpi! We have all been deceived!"

"Well, yeah, by you!"

"No! By Fanghui! Our war ritual is a hoax puppeteered by him!"

The Vulpi twitched their ears in puzzlement.