Sixty Four

Kylie:

After Tessa said we could come over I sighed out of relief. “Okay, either Sam talked to her, or the house is putting her in a really good mood.” I said slipping my phone in my pocket, Dean raised an eyebrow, “You think that?” “Mhm, and I’m mentally preparing myself in case some other shit happens by the end of the night.” I replied, shrugging.

“What do you mean?” he asked and I tapped my chin. “Well, whenever something good happens it always tends to have hell following it. Whenever I wanted to have a nice girl outing when Bella was little, I lost her. When we went to Myrtle, the boys got sick. We were having a good day then we got a bombshell thrown at us and you and Tessa started acting bitchy to each other.” I finished, taking a deep breath. “Well what do you want me to be?” “Civil, understanding for starters?” I asked, walking to our room so I could get changed.

I grabbed some skinny jeans, ankle boots, a ten t-shirt, a locket and tied my hair up. “Hot damn mom, I never see you this fancy.” Bella said from the doorway and I laughed, “Well we’re going to go see their new house, I can’t come in with mud soaked boots now can I?” She smiled and looked at some of my jewelry. “These are so pretty, can I borrow one?” “Sure thing Bells, just don’t break them.” I replied, and I nearly saw stars in her eyes.

I pulled open my cell phone and shot them a text saying we were headed over.

The car ride there was pretty quiet and Bella tapped her fingers, “Can you put on some music?” she asked and I nodded. The song High Hopes by Kodaline started playing and I found myself humming along. It was a nostalgic song, it just reminded me of simpler times.

Finally we got to their new house and I felt my jaw drop, a sudden longing for this life too overwhelming me.

The house was beautiful and resembled the house I grew up in, and I sighed. “This is beautiful.” “Yeah.” Bella agreed and we walked up to the front porch.

I knocked on the door and Tessa opened it, “Hey, we just made dinner.” she said and I smiled at her as I walked past, she and Dean just nodded to each other. Hopefully that was a good thing. Maybe they didn’t want to talk but so far they at least were keeping their cool.

“Where’s the dining room? This place is huge.” I said looking around and Tessa laughed, pointing me to where it was.

Sam was setting up the plates and smiled at us. “Hey.” he said and I smiled, “Hey, nice place.” “Thanks.” he replied, seeming relieved.

Dean looked at the ground, and I could tell he felt out of place here. This wasn’t his style at all, his style was motels, cheap bars, and the bunker. Not a huge house with a seemingly normal family. I put my hand on his shoulder, “You alright?” “Fine.” he replied sitting down.

“So, Sammy, what’s on the menu for tonight?” he asked, looking up and Sam shrugged, “Nothing too fancy, some chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans.” “Sounds like Thanksgiving to me.” I said with a laugh and Sam rolled his eyes.

“You need any help?” “That would be awesome.” Sam replied and I walked over to the kitchen, which was huge just like the rest of the house. Tessa was finishing up the green beans, and I asked, “Is the chicken done? If so, I’ll take that out.” she pointed to a counter on the far side of the room and I picked it up, “Smells amazing, thanks Tess.” “No problem.” she replied.

Now to go back into what I was praying would be a nice meal, and I was also praying that everyone would keep their cool.