Chapter 22 - Building Blocks

Note: I'm sorry, this scene [from episode 5] just reminded me of that one scene in chapter 9 when Husk is trying to talk to Alastor 💀

oh yeah, I made a bot inspired by that chapter [tbh it has one of my favourite scenes; Alastor's first time going into babyspace] [also you don't need to be Husk, you can be whoever you want]: https://character

oh yeah, I made a bot inspired by that chapter [tbh it has one of my favourite scenes; Alastor's first time going into babyspace] [also you don't need to be Husk, you can be whoever you want]: https://character.ai/chat/6odOMJsviGtYwtYgF4IVI618BClDHVR2jdPwLXczbxg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two littles finally reached Rosie's Emporium after about half an hour and they entered. The place was packed, making them a little overwhelmed. They made their way through the place, seeing the people staring at them.

Rosie spotted them and she approached with a smile on her face.

"Oh, my! I wasn't expecting you here, Alastor!"

She turned to Vox, who held tightly onto Alastor's arm.

"You brought a friend with you? I thought you two were on bad terms!"

She chuckled, but she did raise an eyebrow.

"Well...it's...complicated..."

Alastor timidly replied.

"...how about we talk about it in your office?"

Rosie guided them to her office, already having a feel for what was going on.

She closed the door; the boys sat on the couch, both slightly fidgety.

"So tell me, what's going on with you two"

Before Alastor had a chance to reply, Vox spoke up.

"Alastor said you were his "momma"..is that true?"

Rosie stared, before chuckling.

"Awh, you could say so!"

Alastor grumbled in embarrassment, turning his head away from Rosie. She spoke up once again.

"How about we get you two someone to watch you, hm?"

Vox nervously nodded while Alastor kept grumbling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosie took them back to the hotel.

"Now, I know all the people here could watch over you!"

She rang the doorbell; the two boys clung to each other. Charlie eventually opened the door.

"Alastor! Your back with...Vox?"

Rosie gently nudged them inside.

"Ah, well those two seem to have more in common than I noticed..."

Charlie tilted her head, before looking at them. They did seem...mentally younger...at least...

They both fled to Alastor's room, holding onto each other, while Rosie and Charlie talked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They shut the door to the bedroom, breathing a sigh of relief.

"I thought Rosie would watch us...not Chw-..Chaw-..Charlie"

Alastor sat down, leaning against the bed. Vox joined him, clenching his gut. Alastor glanced over but said nothing.

He noticed a box poking out from under his desk...an oddly familiar box. Alastor stood up and approached it. He turned the box around to try and see the label...if it had one. 

Vox noticed this and approached, seeming fairly uncomfortable. However, Alastor didn't notice; too focused on the box.

After turning the box about 270°, he saw a label.

"Little's supplies"

It was written in cursive, recognisable to Rosie's handwriting.

He immediately started pulling the top off as quickly as possible, throwing the top away.

Vox pulled out a wooden car from the box, grinning, then smacked Alastor over the head with it.

"OWWWWAARAAAHH!!!"

Alastor tried to choke Vox with a tentacle and Vox threw the car, just barely missing one of Alastor's ears.

"DON'T CHOKE ME!! I'M SORRY!"

"IT HURTS YOU...MEANIE!"

Alastor pulled the hair on the spot that got hurt, starting to kick his legs and aggressively shake his head. Vox came over and tried to console him by rubbing his back, which only made Alastor kick his gut, causing Vox to grunt in pain.

"OW!"

Vox's face hit the floor, and he dramatically whined.

Alastor, meanwhile, continued to look through the box, finding mostly wooden toys and ragged-out teddies. Though, he did see a few pacifiers, which he resisted the urge to try and snap them. He also spotted some cosier, fuzzy pyjamas at the bottom, still in good condition.

Vox pushed himself up, scowling but also on the verge of tears. He looked at Alastor, then at the box, crawling over and quickly pulling out a plushie that he put on his gut. He calmed down a little and relaxed, curling up and lying down on the floor.

Alastor turned his head to Vox, raising an eyebrow in the process.

"Why are you on the flw-...floor?"

"...my tummy hurts..."

Vox just barely muttered it out. Alastor layed on top of him. Vox was unsure if he was trying to comfort him or make him suffer. Either way, it did help relieve some of the pressure in his gut.

"...thanks...that helps..."

Alastor just ignored what Vox just said and continued to snuggle him...though...he did start to smell something...funky...

"Vox...what's that smell?"

Vox paled and tried to shove Alastor off of him.

"Wh-Where's the..bathroom?"

"...why?"

"Just tell me!"

He grabbed Alastor's collar in desperation, sweating profusely.

"...somewhere down the hall...I dunno..."

Vox let go of his collar, about to get up until-

Knock
Knock
Knock

Vox just groaned, burying his face into his knees.

Alastor quickly put the items into the box and shoved them under the bed, not before getting distracted by something.

"I'm coming in..."

The voice behind the door started to open the door, creating a quiet creak noise, and Alastor was still under the bed. Vox pulled on his leg.

"Get out you dummy!"

"Gimme a secwond!"

"I don't care! Get out!"