Chapter 1

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 2

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One and Two):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

September 1st Kings Cross Station…

Harry sat down in a compartment and waited for his friends to arrive. The mage was early. Hermione and Nym had insisted on traveling with their families for the traditional sendoff even if their boyfriend could have simply teleported them to the station. The quiet of the train gave the Potter male time to reflect upon his interesting summer. One particular evening stood out in Harry's mind.

It was the day before Harry's birthday when an interesting visitor showed up in his bedroom. Saphira and her Rider sensed the moment the house elf popped into existence in his bedroom at Number 4. Saphira had quite a bit of room to maneuver in the substantially expanded room. The dragon brought one clawed foreleg down upon the elf, knocking it to the floor and pinning it between her talons. The elf was so petrified in fear he didn't think to pop away. Harry reached out with his magic and held the elf in place using the skill of remote teleportation. The wizard could also prevent others from teleporting using his power.

"Dobby be knowing Harry Potter is a great wizard but not that he is great enough to stop an elf from popping," the elf declared, not fully perceiving the fact that Saphira was on top of him but knowing he was pinned by something dangerous through instinct alone.

"Why are you here?" Harry demanded.

"Dobby is unsure how to say this…it is very difficult," the house elf began.

"I know you are probably restrained by the enchantment enslaving your kind. Just tell me as much as you can. I'm quite perceptive," the warlock assured. A moment later the senses of dragon and Rider picked up a distinctive scent from the house elf. "For example, I can already tell you serve the Malfoys."

"Harry Potter is a great wizard," Dobby declared in awe.

"I have a great nose," the mage replied while going on a hunch and shifting into his natural form, shocking Dobby speechless for several moments.

"An old one!" Dobby cried, before bursting into tears. "Never did Dobby imagine he would see the day that an old one walked these lands again."

"I take it by your reaction you've heard of my kind before," Harry prompted.

"Yes Sir, there be tales of the old ones. The old ones were powerful and tall. One old one named Treyis the Reality Bender saved these lands he did," Dobby declared.