Chapter 3

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 2

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One and Two):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

"Merry Christmas Harry," Emma declared when the wizard entered the living room of the Granger home on Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas everyone," answered the mage.

Harry could sense Emma's excitement at the prospect of what his gift would be this year and managed to suppress his smile.

"Calm down dear," Dan urged his wife.

"I can't help it. Harry's gifts last year were just so useful," the attractive dentist said as her clothes changed color with but a thought thanks to the illusory band she wore everywhere.

"Mum," Hermione said in an embarrassed tone.

"It's alright love," Harry assured his girlfriend.

Dan and Emma were aware that their daughter was dating the handsome Potter mage and were fine with that. Dan had thought about taking Harry aside for a proper talk about not hurting his little girl but then remembered what the green eyed sorcerer had done to the dark wizards who had tried raping Emma. Harry made a sweeping gesture of his hand for show and caused presents to remotely teleport into the laps of the Grangers.

Dan appeared a bit more reserved when opening his present but the Rider wasn't fooled. Harry could sense Dan's excitement. The three family members were drawn to three identically shaped small packages out of their group of presents. Hermione was the first who had her gift open and found a ring but not an engagement band. The brilliant witch noticed the tiny runes upon the band.

"What does this do?" Emma asked as she examined her own ring.

Even the two non-magical Grangers were discerning enough to conclude the rings were magical.

"Hermione love, you can help me demonstrate. The rings are enchanted with levitation and resizing charms in addition to their main features. Throw the ring in the air several feet away from mine and imagine it floating so that it is standing vertically. Good," Harry said approvingly as the witch did as directed. "Now imagine the ring enlarging to the same size as mine." Once the ring was identical in size to her mate's Hermione looked to the wizard for direction. "Finally say connect with Harry Potter just like when activating our mirrors."