Chapter 4

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 2

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One and Two):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

"How do we get inside the entrance to the Chamber?" Nym asked.

"Saphira and I have explored this bathroom many times," Harry said. "Dragon magic is very powerful and dragon strength even more so. We know this sink fixture collapses into the floor when the wards are activated with the correct verbal phrase. But we don't need the phrase. We have Saphira."

Myrtle was absent from the bathroom, wanting no part of the opening of the Chamber of Secrets. But the ghost would keep the trio's secrets or she would be exorcised from that plane of existence. Saphira strode over to the sink fixture and focusing her senses she quickly located the near-invisible crack which marked the region where the sink divided to collapse into the floor. With her massive paws Saphira drove her talons into the crack with a rending sound and proceeded to overpower the magical wards which kept the sink closed with both her physical and magical might. Finally the wards collapsed and the sink fully disappeared into the floor, opening to reveal a dark circular opening.

"Hop on," Saphira instructed.

The trio did so and Saphira began to enter the tunnel that moments before was far too small for her. The enchantments on the dragon's collar widened the opening to extend beyond her wing tips, allowing her to glide down the curving tunnel. The quartet descended into the Earth to a depth that went even below the castle's dungeons. The slope of the pipe leveled out into a normal angle inside of a dark damp tunnel.

Nym flicked her wand and an elevation was displayed to the magicians as Saphira stepped into the tunnel proper.

"We're miles below Hogwarts," Nym announced.

"I think we're in a cave system that runs below the Black Lake," Hermione suggested as she noticed the dampness of the walls. "Slytherin must have discovered the system and kept it secret from the other Founders."

"He probably expanded it a great deal himself," Harry added as he flung out his hands and caused small globes of light to fly out and position themselves along the tunnel.

"I smell snake," Saphira commented so that all three of her companions could hear.

"You'd best lead the way Saphira," Harry suggested.