Chapter 10

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 4

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One through Three):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

Luna Lovegood is played by Evanna Lynch

Queen Dianna of the Fairies is played by Dianna Agron

Females Bonded by Harry Potter in Book 4:

Jaimie (Merlin's mother) is played by Jaimie Alexander

Arya is played by Sienna Guillory

Professor Bridget Regan is played by Bridget Regan

Fleur Delacour is played by Clemence Poesy

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

Chapter 10

Harry flew on and entered the passageway that had a thirty-five degree upwards slope.

"I think you should walk for awhile. You don't want to fly into something else that has inverted gravity," Saphira advised.

"I think you're right," Harry agreed with his dragon, touching down on the slope.

Just as he touched down the slope lost all friction as a sheet of ice formed on the surface. Quicker than an elf, Harry drove Brisingr into the ground to stop his slide. Casting a charm that was designed to provide friction on an icy surface upon his shoes saw the warrior continuing up the tunnel. Harry approached the next closed door cautiously. He sent his powerful consciousness out in front of him and sensed a malevolent consciousness on the other side of the door.

"What is that?" Saphira asked.

"I don't know," Harry replied. "I guess I'll just have to go in and find out."

Harry took the extra precaution of willing a powerful shield around his form just above the surface of his skin. He was already wearing form fitting under armor beneath the illusion of the clothing an illusory arm band generated. The illusory arm band was similar to the bracelet he had gifted to Hermione and her mum the first Christmas he had spent with the Grangers. There was a stone on the right of the door with an impression for a hand print. Harry sensed the stone controlled the wards on the door. He placed his hand in the correct place. The sliding door split apart and a rush of wind threatened to suck Harry through the opening. This wasn't the first time a violent storm had threatened to suck the Rider into the maelstrom. Brisingr once more struck into the stone at its master's feet, anchoring him in place.