Chapter 8

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 4

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One through Three):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

Luna Lovegood is played by Evanna Lynch

Queen Dianna of the Fairies is played by Dianna Agron

Females Bonded by Harry Potter in Book 4:

Jaimie (Merlin's mother) is played by Jaimie Alexander

Arya is played by Sienna Guillory

Professor Bridget Regan is played by Bridget Regan

Fleur Delacour is played by Clemence Poesy

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

Chapter 8

The evening before the second task it became apparent who Dumbledore had chosen as Harry's hostage to sit at the bottom of the Black Lake. In certain ways Nym made the most sense. She was close to Harry and she was also of age so that if anything happened to her she had consented to it. Her absence also wouldn't be as noticed quickly if the Headmaster had chosen someone such as Hermione or another witch visibly present as a Hogwarts student.

"It kind of seems like cheating," Nym suggested as she stood invisibly beside her mate while he waited for the second task of the Triwizard Tournament to begin.

"Semantics, Love," Harry replied. "I'm powerful enough to vanish, lift away, or teleport away all the water in the lake if I wanted to. I naturally have an unfair advantage over the other Champions."

"I know…but you could have let me go down there for the half hour before the task," Nym pointed out with a pout.

"Don't pout…you just look even cuter," Harry said with a suppressed grin. "Besides I wasn't about to leave you in Dumbledore's clutches no matter how silent he has been this year. And Zepath wouldn't stand for it."

"Too right," Nym's dragon put forth.

"Quiet you," Nym said to Zepath. "I've got enough trouble with this overprotective git," she said while gesturing towards her boyfriend with a finger. "I don't need you trying to keep me safe."