Silence the Whisperers

The walk to Alexandria was a bit tense and awkward. Negan and Aaron kept exchanging silent, charged glances that made Andy wonder what exactly she was stepping into. They seemed harmless enough—after all, Aaron had a kid. How bad could it be? Maybe this group would be different. Maybe this was the new start Andy had been hoping for. Good people, a chance to rebuild. It couldn't hurt to at least check it out. She could always bail if things went sideways. First red flag I see, and I'm out, she thought to herself.

The trio approached the large silver walls, looming ahead. Aaron spoke up, breaking the uneasy silence.

"I should warn you. Things are a bit tense at the moment. I won't blame you if you decide to walk away."

Andy stopped in her tracks. "What do you mean? What's happening?"

"We're training... for war," Aaron said, his voice steady but carrying an edge of seriousness.

War? The word hung in the air, heavy and unsettling. Andy stood there, frozen, while Aaron continued walking toward the gates, leaving herself and Negan behind. She turned to him, confusion and concern etched on her face.

"War? I thought you said these were good people?"

"Obnoxiously so." He shrugs and keeps walking. 

What the hell?

_____

Andy walks through the gates of Alexandria, her face washed in awe. There are high walls and security gates encasing the community in a sense of fortified safety. The deeper she walks inside, she sees surprising contrast to outside world. Wow, she thinks. There are watchtowers and patrols scanning the perimeter. The houses are neatly arranged, bright gardens show signs of careful upkeep. This is more than just a refuge; it's a community. There's a sense of stability that feels almost foreign to Andy.

She doesn't want to admit it, but... this could be her safe haven. A child's voice breaks through her thoughts.

"Daddy!" A little girl runs towards Aaron, who is standing nearby. He leans down and wraps her in a warm hug.

"Gracie!" The sight is unexpected. Aaron was telling the truth. He had a kid.

A woman walks up, breaking the peaceful moment. She is tall and powerful, with dark skin and an aura of commanding presence. Her beauty is striking but almost intimidating. Andy feels a pang of unease, but she doesn't let it show.

"Who is this?" the woman asks, her tone both authoritative and curious.

"Michonne, this is Andy. We came across her in a bind. She helped us," Aaron explains.

"You know we can't take anymore in. We are struggling as it is," Michonne responds firmly.

"Michonne, we can take in one more," Aaron argues, his voice pleading slightly.

The two exchange a tense look, and Michonne's gaze shifts to Andy, assessing her.

"Take her weapons and lock her in the cell. I'll deal with this later," Michonne commands, her tone leaving no room for argument. She turns and walks away, leaving an air of finality.

"Woah, wait a sec." Andy turns to Aaron, her frustration evident. "A cell? You are not taking my weapons. I don't even know you people."

"Trust me. It's just precaution. And for your own safety," Aaron mutters the last part, his tone soothing but unyielding.

Two other citizens approach, their faces set in businesslike expressions, and begin to take Andy's belongings.

"Hey! Seriously?" Andy protests, her voice rising in anger.