(💌) ─ 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦

A LOOP OF DESPONDENCY

(💌)   LOVE  LETTERS

───────────────────────

tick tick tick. the clock just keeps ticking.

tock tock tock. just keep the hand moving.

tick tick tick. an echoing, foreboding bell rings in the pygmy office of the diminutive cottage you lived in. you sighed, setting down your almost dry pen as you stood from your seat.

every day was different, yet so suffocatingly similar it was sickening. underland was truly peculiar, no? you hoped you wouldn't see the hatter on this day.

you simply weren't in the mood.

you sent the yellowing paper on your mahogany office table a bitter and fleeting glance before walking out of the suffocating studio. truly underland was no better than the hatter himself, mad, wonderful, troublesome. yet it was time to go, the queen was to behead the hatter and that dormouse. you supposed you wouldn't have to deal with the hatter any longer, though the thought made your usually morose and saturnine mood sour just a bit more—through the hope for a cure for the suffocating loneliness of course.

you sighed as you opened the door closing your eyes as a strange coolness wafted against your face. you no longer felt the doorknob in your hands, and upon opening your eyes, you weren't in your house. rather .. a strange void, a black abyss for as far as your eyes could see.

"curiouser and curiouser." a quote you picked up from the young—now older—alice kingsleigh.

you walked forward, pausing nearly immediately as you felt a cold liquid seep into the fabric of your shoes. the intense smell of ink practically smacked you in the face once more, and looking down, you see you were currently standing in a shallow lake of ink.

you look back up into the void, a mirror now floats in front of you. no reflection. you merely stared when suddenly .. passionate green flames erupted in the clear-as-water glass. and amidst the abyss of fire appeared a porcelain theatre mask.

"o-oh, hello," you said instinctively, to which the mask nodded in acknowledgment.

then,

"ah, my dearest beloved,
pure and fragile is your soul,
truly, you are the most beautiful in the world.

a wicked bloom that doth nobly enthral
vines entangling in your heart.
you have called out to me, so my response is this,

flames rivalling the stars and sun,
ice overpowering time,
the great trees swallowing the sky in darkness
your soul, alive and bright once more
live again.

my wonderland, also rightfully yours,
i will forever await you,
hold onto my hand for our eternity, my dearest.
mirror mirror on the wall, who is thee,"

everything went black as you felt your body fall forward. yet you didn't fall into the lake of ink as you had assumed, instead, you felt a sensation more akin to water as you fell through the mirror.

you then felt cold hands wrap themselves around your head in a comforting manner. a sweet, sugary—saccharine—voice interrupted your silence as drowsiness overtook you.

"welcome to wonderland, my dear."

───────────────────────

author note  ,,    i'm painfully aware of how
short this is :(( chapters r usually longer but
its been a rough past few weeks but also my prologue chapters r usually pretty short. if
anything this'll get rewritten when i have
a sudden boost of motivation.

 ifanything this'll get rewritten when i havea sudden boost of motivation

❝ WHAT?! N-NO I DIDN'T LEAVE THAT LETTER IN YOUR LOCKER!! ❞

WHAT?! N-NO I DIDN'T LEAVE THAT
LETTER IN YOUR LOCKER!!

twisted wonderland fanfiction
-PALEPRIEST  /  october  26th  2024
song of the chapter: using you
wc: 505  /  status:  on-going

twisted wonderland fanfiction-PALEPRIEST  /  october  26th  2024song of the chapter:  using youwc:  505  /  status:  on-going

©. -PALEPRIEST 2024 ,, please don't copy, plagerise, translate, or run my works through a.i. without my explicit permission.