Chapter 2: The headmistress

Nile walked into the office to see a black haired woman with African braids, brown skin, and was wearing a office shirt and skirt with a name tag that said "Headmistress Ruby" written on it. Nile wouldn't have guessed that she was the headmistress because it was right on her shirt for crying out loud! Like how can it not be obvious? Nile rolled his eyes in annoyance before clearing his throat to catch the woman's attention. Headmistress Ruby looks up from her notebook and sights before saying.

"Hello child, you must be the new student...lets see....Nile?" She asked as Nile just nods.

Headmistress Ruby puts her pen down and smiles "Well then why don't we get you to your classes then, I'm sure your tour guide showed you around a bit, yes?" She sighs. Nile opens his mouth to speak "Yes ma'am she did" He replies as Headmistress Ruby just smile and stands up from her seat before motioning Nile to follow her which he was hesitant at first before following her out into the hall. Headmistress Ruby walks down the hall with Nile following behind her. The halls were very narrow and windy. With every twist and turn, it was getting so confusing for Nile to keep up until she finally came to a stop in front of a classroom that said "class 130". 

"Well this is your class kid" She speaks up as Nile goes into the class room and Headmistress Ruby goes back to her office. 

Nile notices the teacher had gray hair a gray bearded and trousers on he seemed very....rude to students. The professor stops teaching and raises an eyebrow at Nile arrival. "who might you be young man?" The professor said with a rude but cold tone. "I'm Nile the new student sir" Nile replies as the professor looks Nile up and down as if he was making sure Nile was really an earth element.  Soon enough the professor huffs and points to an empty seat in the back of the room. Nile nods slowly and walks to the back taking a seat. 

"Alright you waste of space pull out your Elemental studies book and open to page 120." The rude professor grumbles as all the students including Nile quickly pull out their books and opens them to page 120. Page 120 showed and talked about the light element. As the class read they saw how the light element was the only element who was really stronger then the dark element by a long shot.

As the professor read it out loud Nile couldn't help but zone out while thinking about what could have happened to those dark elemental holders that day yet he never knew what happened to them other then they get taken, killed, and experimented on, but the question he wondered was what happened to the bodies? Were they buried, Burned, hung? The questions and thoughts spinning in his head like a horrible tornado. Nile was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear his classmates and professor calling his name over and over again. 

The professor walks up to Niles desk and hits the desk making Nile jump. "y-yes professor?" Nile asked as the Professor glared down at him "What is the light elements biggest weakness Mr. River." The professor asked.

"I-I...I-It's...Uh..I don't know sir" Nile stuttered as the Professor groans in annoyance. "Pay attention now then" He said in a harsh tone

Nile nods and goes back to reading the book while making sure to take notes during class. During the rest of class the girls in class could be heard giggling at Nile for not knowing the answer earlier but Nile ignored them not letting the girls get under his skin. Not yet at least.