Chapter 04 | Camp

"Today we rest here," Aria said as I set down my belongings and began setting up camp. I checked the platform, set the pin, and unfolded the tent. Finish. So, let check around the area.

I glanced at Ella and said, "I will go scout."

"Okay, Aria. Good luck scouting, and please return before nightfall," Ella replied.

She Nodded to her, then looked around to see the other, especially on problematic duo. They chattered all along the way. He would constantly ask questions about everything he saw 'what is this tree', 'Why rock so strange', 'Can this plant eat?' He seemed curious about everything, like a child. But the worst part was the Red Witch. She spoke like a Cerberus, No, Should be like a medusa more, hissing annoyed mouth. Is it that hard to tell in short? Ever blabbing with long, very long nonsense that hurts my sanity. They don't look tired or think to stop at all even we crossed a high mountain. I should rest my ear. So Aria swiftly dashed out of them.

"Finally, alone," only the sounds of nature. The gentle breeze brushed against me, making my body feel weightless. The leaves rustled in the trees, creating a soothing melody that calmed my heart. She climbed up a tree to heighten my senses.

"This place should be safe for us to stay the night. There are no immediate threats in the area, except for some monsters near the north riverside. Just some alert magic is enough for this situation."

"As for food, we are running short, with only enough for three days at most. Making porridge will help stretch our supplies a bit. I'll buy more when we reach the next village."

Meanwhile, Aria was also thinking about our supplies. Far from Aria's place, Rain was searching for something to eat as well.

He gazed at a group of plants and weeds in front of him. "Hey! Are you edible, little green one?" he grabbed some green plants and muttered to himself, "No, please don't eat me. I'm just a thin blade of grass, not enough to fill your stomach." His expression turned sorrowful as he continued, "I'm sorry, but I need to survive. Please don't be angry with me, okay?" He pressed his hands together as a sign of respect towards the weed in front of him. He tore it, then rolled into a ball shape and placed it in his mouth.

"Yak! So green taste. Why it has green mana color, are you really eatable?" His face crumpled.

He placed the glass weed in his hand to the side and gazed at the little mountain that he had been experimenting with, the strange taste still lingering in his mouth.

"Rain, this is the freedom you've always wanted, right? Happily wandering through fields and forests, searching for plants and weeds to eat, just like a happy cow," he babbled.

"Huh, so pathetic. Why do all these plants have weird tastes and weird names? Tabo Grass, Water Sassafras, Doddorika, Mellow Hyssop, ChupaChupa... Ha, I should try to think positively. At least they're all edible and don't make me sick. Thank goodness for my 'Eyes Of Verity.' If I can't classify a plant by its mana color, then I shouldn't have survived this long."

"Green is definitely edible. Yellow is questionable. Maybe I can eat it if I process it somehow. As for red and purple, stay away from them, don't even touch them. Even if they appear safe, they will kill you. Rain, do you remember that flower with the cute purple mana color? Just one bite and it transports you to a river with a black door. Death greeted me warmly last time. It was such a terrifying experience. I should never try it again," he talked to himself.

"Ok.. Next one." He picked a plant that looks like grass with a fluffy ball on top. "This time, I choose you, ChupaChupa. Please don't disappoint me." Beads of sweat covered his face as he remembered the poor taste of the other plants that still lingered in his mouth. His throat felt dry. He sucked in air and then quickly took a bite.