Chapter 06 | Mud Sea

In the wild pool full of mud, four people effortlessly walked with no trouble. They all had a faint mana covering their feet. Especially the fairy at the front. She looked clean and beautiful. Her steps didn't create any splashes or ripples. However, there was one rugged man at the back of the group who looked grumpy. His clothes were covered in dirt and mud, splashed from walking through the muddy land.

Yomp! yomp! squelsh!

Mud splashed his cloth. "Argh, this is so hard! Why is everyone else able to move so freely?" He struggled to walk through the mud.

"Faye, how are you able to walk on it like that?" he asked. While using his dirty hand to brush the mud off his pants, hoping to make them cleaner and move faster,

"Ah, we use mana to cover our feet," Faye replied. "For me, I make my steps lighter, making it easier to walk on mud or squishy things. It also helps me lower the sound of my steps, like an elegant woman should do." She elegantly lifted the tip of her skirt with her hand, simulating the movements of a fair lady.

"Wow... that is convenient, as you can adjust your weight too." My eyebrow raised slightly, impressed by this ability. It didn't mean she could fly, but mana was truly an awesome thing. "And do the others do the same?" I asked.

She smiled at Rain, "As I said, this is only my method, my style." She smiled and pointed her finger at the princess in front of us. "Look, Ella. She uses mana to harden the mud she steps on, making it easier for her to walk."

That was also good technique, creating a stable platform for her to fight, dash, and jump on. She prepared for any situation.

She then pointed to Eeon. "I don't know what he's doing, but he walks as if the ground beneath him is solid. I can only sense some faint mana on the bottom of his feet."

This one was harder to understand. Maybe he was changing the mud to normal ground, like Ella, but it still looked and felt like squishy mud. It was weird how he could do that. Nah, I shouldn't think too much about it. He was the chosen one, after all. He could do anything.

Then Faye looked at me and smiled. "As for your beauty, long-haired lady, Lovely Rocky, she controls water around her feet. Just let her mana and feet flow elegantly, go through any water, like as she is the same way of water itself."

I nervously glanced at Aria and held onto Rocky tightly, aware that her black eyes might turn towards us again. But nothing happened. She didn't gaze back like last time. Maybe she was too far away or focused on her mana while walking. I could relax and release the tension on my shoulders.

Little did he know, Aria had heard the entire conversation, but she only muttered under her breath, 'Rocky needs to be dead,' in a voice too soft for anyone else to hear.

"Hey Faye, could you lend me a hand? I really want to learn how to walk gracefully like you," I pleaded, hoping she would use her magical powers to help me in this tough situation.

"Aww, you wanna be a fair lady like me, too? Such a sweet boy. But Calling woman for help, that doesn't handsome at all, you know. I can't give you a hand, that not my lady's principal. Maybe you can ask Aria. She will suit you well, maybe even carry you like a princess, a fragile boy with a stone maiden. Oopsie! my bad mouth." Faye said.

Rain tilted his head to confirm that nobody could hear Faye's nonsensical talk. "Ok—ok, thank you for your sincere help, but I'll figure it out on my own."

"Yes, be like that brave boy, everyone have own way," Faye replied before walking back to the rest of the group, leave him all alone.

Yomp! yomp! squelsh!