Chapter 03 | Warm Greeting

"We accept," Ella said. "Acknowledge yourself as a living being, and you can keep your life, Rain, The Cursed Child. And you will follow us to the north, but your life is your own concern. If you become a burden, we will leave and let you die, that's all," she then turned and left.

"Thank you, Miss Holy Saint," he replied.

She paused for a moment, "Just call me Ella, Cursed Child," she said and continued walking.

"Yes," he said. Are you still calling me the cursed child? You don't even look at me directly. Nah, that's not something I should concern myself with. This is good enough. I can continue living.

I should find some plants around to heal my feet and arm. I can also use the Eye of Truth to learn about the effects of certain plants. But before he sat up, "Rain, right? Can I call you that?" Faye said, offering a greeting.

"Yes, and miss?" he greeted back.

"Giggling, look at you, you already knowing my name. A smart man like you. Okay, okay, I should do a proper one. My name is Fayleain Carran, but you can call me Faye, just like that. I'm not a fan of formalities. Let's keep it easy, okay?" she said.

He smiled at her smooth talking and said, "Okay! If there's anything I can help with, please call me. I'm good with any labor work."

She smiled and replied, "With those broken hands and feet, you will help us a lot."

A wry smile appeared on his face, then he said, "Ah, don't worry. I'm tough. I'll look around and see if there are any herbs or grass that can help." He looked around and tried to sit up, but pain struck him, causing him to grunt and blood to seep out.

When she saw him struggling, she hurriedly said, "Easy. If you move like that, you'll widen your wound. Here you go!" She threw a bag at him. "There should be some herbs and potions in there."

He caught it casually with his hand. It was a small sachet, which he opened to find a bottle of green liquid and some bandages. He felt warmth inside, knowing that someone was giving him what he needed.

"Keep it, take care of yourself," she said.

"Thank you, I mean really... Thank you," he bowed to her.

"Ahh, that will make me look good and shine in your eyes, right? Your heart will bloom like a flower, receiving a gift from a beautiful maiden. But sorry, that sachet isn't mine. It's from our Iron Maiden. Don't tell her I called her that, okay? I want to keep my head on my shoulders. What a slippery tongue I have, telling you this," she said playfully.

Then he looked around and found Aria in the distance, busy packing things around the camp.

"We're running late. Late from her scout duty, she asked me to give you a sachet. Thank her later, okay?" she said. "We'll leave in half an hour. Pack your things and be ready. Oh! Did you bring anything from your dorm? Like a lucky stone or a good luck charm? You're going to need it, just like me. Look, I have lots of jewel rings for good luck." She showed him her hand, adorned with black gloves and rings on every finger, and then gently touched her beautiful earrings.

He tilted his head slightly, confused. What did she mean by that?

"We'll talk later. I still have things to do. Take care, Rain." She left.

He watched her go and then applied the potion to his. It caused a sharp pain in his veins. Argh! Is this even give me a pain, how intent of this potion? His wound split apart, blood oozing out, forming a scab that quickly healed, but it tear again and again, the cycle of pain continued. He gritted his teeth and endured the agony, finally covering his hand and foot with bandages. He let the healing process continue inside.