Chapter 18: Bonfire

Mikha's POV

The lake was cold but we had no
choice. We were covered with blood
and the feeling of being under the
water was such a huge relief especially when you bathe yourself from the dead's blood. I glanced at the  girl from the supermarket who seems like having a good time too as she kept on going down the cold water.

As I swam on the lake, I kept on
glancing at a specific balcony.

Is she still mad at me?

I decided to get out from from the
water and sit on the bench.

Quick and heavy footsteps -

Splash!

Ate Colet and Gwen's laughter echoed
through the whole place as they
jumped off from the docks and lunged
their dirty asses on the lake.

"Hey"

I didn't notice that the red haired girl
was already out of the water too as she sat beside me and gave me a towel.

"Ahh,Thanks"

"No, I should be the one thanking you"

"Why? I embarrassed you in front of my friends"

"I know why you did it" she smiled
and now that she's clean, I can say that she's pretty but not even close to the beauty of my Maraiah.

Speaking of Maraiah, I felt a pair of
eyes piercing through my soul.

And as I glanced back at the balcony,
there she was - looking so hot with just a white tank top and black leggings.

She was gawking at me and my
heartbeat pounded like crazy.

Yup, she's still mad at me.

"Thank you again"

I was pulled back to where I was
currently in and totally forgot that the
girl was talking to me. I nodded at her and she smiled at me.

"I'm Ashley, by the way" she introduces herself finally.

She has been quiet the whole ride and
her tears didn't stop when we gave her friends a proper burial. We burned her friends' body and prayed that they can finally rest in peace.

"Mikha"

"It's nice to meet you Mikha" she smiled and for some reason, her smile creeped me out.

"Oh suotin mo" Sheena handed the girl some clothes and walked away without even talking to her.

That girl has attitude too. Maybe that's what happens when they hang around with ate Colet's girlfriend too much. I hope Aiah doesn't catch Ate Loi's scary mood swings because she's already scary enough when angry.

"NICOLLETE!"

Speaking of -

"Tama na yan, ayusin nyo na yung bonfire!" she yelled and like a speed of light, Ate Colet was already out of the water and standing in front of her girlfriend.

"Eto na gagawin ko na uyab" she grins like an idiot and Ate Loi  immediately pecks her lips.

"Good! Tumabi kana dyan may gagawin pa ako" Ate Maloi said

They are perfect match and Ate Colet for sure is the slave between the two.

"Hoy Lim! Lutang ka nanaman, tulungan mo kaya kaming mag set up netong bonfire!"

"Bonfire?" I asked as I walk towards
my friends.

"Yup, madalas kaming nag seset up ng bonfire pag nakakabalik kami ng safe pagkakuha namin ng mga stocks, ganun mag celebrate si ate Maloi at bebe pag bumalik kami ni ate Colet ng buo"