Chapter 39

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012

Camila was extremely absorbed in her studies while Lauren was on Tumblr. Truth was, she never really had anything to study, she just wanted to spend time with Camila even if that meant no talking and just being together silently.

"How much longer do you need?" Lauren asked looking away from her phone. Camila didn't reply, her eyebrows were furrowed and her elbows were keeping her up, her legs kicking back and forth in the air. When Camila didn't answer at all, Lauren threw a pillow at her, completely messing up the bun she had put when she began to study.

"Hey!" Camila shouts, "What was that for? I was in the middle of something."

"For ignoring me, I asked you a question." Lauren says indifferently. Camila waits for Lauren to repeat herself and asks again, "How much longer do you need?"

"Until I get this memorized, I have to figure out where all the V leads go. It's extremely important to know the exact placement of each electrode on the patient." Camila rambled on, " The position for V4 is in the 5th intercostal space, in line with the mid-clavicular." She turns the page and continues, "V3 sits midway between V2 and V4."

"Perfect."Lauren smirks, "I'll be your patient, since you didn't want to sit on my face, I guess this will do."

Camila's eyebrows shoot up and Lauren chuckles, "Come on, let's see what you've memorized so far." Camila gulps and stares at Lauren's chest. "What are you waiting for?" Lauren lays on her back and looks up at Camila with a raised eyebrow.

Camila sits beside her and her fingers gently go from the base of her throat to the top of the sternum. She continues to move her fingers downward until she somewhat feels a boney lump. "I think this is the angle of Louis."

"You think?" Lauren says amused.

"Well it's kind of hard to feel with your shirt on. You don't place leads with clothing on." Camila mutters in a matter-a-fact.

Lauren's eyes shine in epiphany, finally understanding the conversation in the car ride earlier today. "So take it off." She says lowly. Camila stares at her and Lauren nods her head, encouraging her to do so. Camila's hand slides down to the bottom of her shirt and Lauren sits up, helping Camila take of her shirt. Her eyes looked briefly to her fit stomach and straight up to her black lacey bra.

"You like?"

"Yeah, where'd you get it? Victoria Secret?" Camila tries to joke, her eyes still glued to the green eyed girls chest. She gulps. "Looks nice."

"Nice? That's an understatement. It was really expensive." Lauren joins in on the joke.

"Yeah, bra's are expensive."

"I think you'd get fired for staring too much at your patients breasts."

Camila's eyes didn't stray away from her breasts, instead she kept looking at them in admiration, "Guess I better stick to male patients. No distractions there."

Lauren chuckles huskily and Camila had no idea what made her do it but before she knew it, she was straddling Lauren. Their foreheads pressed against each other.

"From the angle of Louis," Camila continues her previous attempt, her voice raspy, "you move your fingers to the right and you will feel the second intercostal space."

"Is that so?" Lauren asks breathy.

"Mhm..."Camila says her hands trailing up, abandoning her task.

"Is this how you treat all your patients, Dr. Cabello? Cause if it is, I think we might have a problem here."

"Shut up." Camila says as she grinds her hip on Lauren, causing the reaction she wanted. Lauren stayed shut, simply watching her as she bit her lip. Camila continued to make patterns on Lauren's stomach,her lips hovering over hers. Lauren desperately wanted to connect their lips but Camila didn't allow her, instead she kept their lips close without touching, and kept grinding on her.