𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚 - (𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 -𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑡)

𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒔 - (𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)
𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒔 - JulzLovDraco4Eva
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕

The sun was setting over Camp Half-Blood, casting an orange glow over the training grounds as Y/n stood by the edge of the strawberry fields. Her thoughts were elsewhere, far beyond the camp's magical borders, even though her eyes remained on the horizon. It had been weeks since Luke Castellan's betrayal, and the wound was still fresh for everyone in camp. But it wasn't just the betrayal that weighed heavily on her mind. The quest to track him down was even more daunting. Luke had been a friend, a brother to many, and now he had turned into their most dangerous enemy.

Y/n felt a hand on her shoulder, startling her from her thoughts. She turned to see Percy standing beside her, his sea-green eyes filled with the same mix of determination and concern that had been there since Chiron assigned the quest.

"You ready for this?" he asked, his voice soft, but there was an edge of worry there that he couldn't hide.

Y/n forced a smile, trying to push aside the anxious thoughts swirling in her head. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Behind them, Annabeth and Grover were gearing up, preparing for the journey. They were a small but strong team-Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Y/n-but each one of them knew the weight of what they were about to face. This wasn't just a quest to recover a stolen artifact or fend off a rogue monster. This was personal. Luke had once been one of them. He had trained with them, fought beside them. And now, he was their enemy.

"We'll bring him back, you know," Percy said, stepping closer to Y/n. "We've faced worse. We'll get through this."

Y/n nodded, but her chest tightened. She wanted to believe Percy's confidence, but something was gnawing at her-something deeper than just fear of the quest. It was the fear of losing him. The past few months had brought them closer together than she ever thought possible, and she had come to realize just how much she cared for him. More than just as a friend. More than she had even admitted to herself.

They set off that night, the stars just beginning to twinkle in the sky as they left Camp Half-Blood behind. The plan was simple enough: follow the leads Chiron had gathered on Luke's whereabouts and bring him back to face justice. Simple in theory, but in practice, Y/n knew this wouldn't be like any other quest. Luke was smart, resourceful, and dangerous. He knew how they operated, and he would be ready for them.

The first few days of the journey were tense but uneventful. They travelled through forests and small towns, following the faint trail of Luke's movements. Every step felt heavier than the last, especially for Y/n. She could feel Percy watching her sometimes, his gaze lingering as if he could sense her unease. And he wasn't wrong-her worry grew with every mile they covered. It wasn't just the quest that scared her; it was the thought of what could happen to Percy, to all of them.

One evening, after a long day of travelling, they set up camp near the edge of a dense forest. The fire crackled softly as they sat around it, the flames casting shadows on their tired faces. Annabeth and Grover were talking quietly off to the side, leaving Y/n and Percy sitting in comfortable silence. But Y/n's mind was far from quiet. She couldn't stop thinking about what lay ahead, and the overwhelming fear that something might go wrong.

Percy must have noticed the tension in her shoulders because he scooted closer, nudging her gently. "You've been pretty quiet lately. What's going on?"

Y/n looked up at him, startled by the question. For a moment, she considered brushing it off, pretending like everything was fine. But the concern in his eyes made her pause. She couldn't hide this from him anymore.