11-20

Chapter 11

The sky was pale, and the warm sunshine had not yet jumped out of the horizon.

Xia Yang was jogging around Liujia Village in the morning breeze.

The small village was not very big, with only five, six or ten households and a population of only a few hundred people.

It faced the official road in front and was backed by high mountains. On one side, a river flowed around the village, and on the other side, it bordered other villages.

It was because of this geographical condition that there was very little cultivated land in the village, and the people were extremely poor and could not even get enough food and clothing. Most of them went out to work for a living

. In the past few days, Xia Yang was actively exercising while building the small courtyard where he lived.

The fenced yard was already planted with small vegetables, and many ridges were planted with vegetables. It would not be long before the vegetables could be self-sufficient.

He and Liu Jingwen had no land, and relied on shopping for everything. Xia Yang was now eager to earn money to prepare for the future.

"Why are you up?" Xia Yang ran to the door of his house and saw that Liu Jingwen had already gotten up and was fumbling to wash up

. "Why are you in such a hurry? Can't you wait for me to come back?" He watched Liu Jingwen's clumsy movements helplessly as his face was wiped bit by bit by a cloth. His tone was warning: "I'll say it again, take a bus to town."

A few low laughs came to his ears, and Xia Yang immediately got angry. If you don't listen, you deserve a beating. None of his brothers and sisters dared to disobey him.

"If you dare to disobey me again, I will force you to get on the bus myself." Xia Yang took a few steps forward and grabbed Liu Jingwen's arm to threaten, "Do you hear me? Speak."

"Got it." Liu Jingwen's crisp young voice was a bit lazy in the morning, "No meat buns for you to eat tonight, you're on the bus."

"Hey!" Xia Yang had no choice. He and Sanshu had to pay four cents for the bus ride, which was exactly the price of two meat buns. He said depressedly: "I'll make it myself if I want to eat. Take care of yourself."

"Yeah." Liu Jingwen washed up slowly, not caring about Xia Yang's attitude at all, "I'm hungry."

"Wait." Xia Yang immediately lit a fire to cook. He wanted to say a few more words to him, but he couldn't bear it.

Liu Jingwen went out early and came back late every day. In order to save the bus fare in town, he was always exhausted when he came back. The hard work of running around for life could not be concealed on his fair face.

Xia Yang told him several times to go home early instead of saving money by taking the bus. Liu Jingwen agreed to it in person, but he did not listen to his advice this time.

Last night, Xia Yang went to the village head to arrest him in person. He caught him in the act, but Liu Jingwen did not care at all. He even said: Everyone in the village is like this. Why should a grown man like him suffer so much?

If he did not know that Liu Jingwen was only concerned about making money to support himself, and that his pretty face was full of bright smiles, Xia Yang would have taught him a lesson on the spot.

Let him know the consequences of disobedience, and see if he dares to say one thing in front of him and another behind his back in the future.

In the end, Xia Yang still went with a proud attitude and followed Liu Jingwen back obediently. All his plans were in vain.

"Eat." Xia Yang prepared the meal and called Liu Jingwen, "Little scholar, don't play tricks and pretend to be weak. I tell you that my temper is not that good."

"Got it." Liu Jingwen was still as gentle as water, and said softly: "I will definitely take the bus there, don't be angry, brother Yang."

"I'll trust you again." Xia Yang looked at him suspiciously, and didn't see any perfunctory expression on Liu Jingwen's face. "Think about it carefully. If you get sick from running around every day, no one will take care of you."

"Also, I'm going to the mountain today to find a way to make money. Don't let me worry." Xia Yang told him that if he was busy, he really wouldn't have much time to take care of Liu Jingwen.

He is now with Sanshu every day. With someone by his side, Xia Yang can feel more at ease. If he leaves Liu Jingwen alone at home every day, he will really be worried.

"Just tell the story if you can. Don't force yourself." Xia Yang reminded again, "Don't think about how much money you can make. Rest when you are tired. The family doesn't expect you to make much. I am here."

"Eat more and buy some delicious food." He chattered non-stop, one sentence after another. He didn't feel annoyed, but felt that it would be easier to do some work.

Liu Jingwen ate silently, without refutation or interruption of Xia Yang's words, letting him nag there until he finished his meal.

Then he said, "I'm done."

"Wait for me." Xia Yang saw him put down his bowl and chopsticks, and hurriedly picked up his bowl, "Sanshu didn't come, I'll take you to his house after I finish eating."

"No hurry." Liu Jingwen said, "Take a bus to the town, there is enough time, I told him yesterday not to come too early."

"Oh." Xia Yang was still wondering why he hadn't come at this time, usually he would have gotten up and left.

But after a while, Xia Yang had just finished washing the pots and bowls when Sanshu ran in from outside, "Brother Jingwen, Grandpa Liu has harnessed the cart, we should go."

"Okay." Liu Jingwen stood up, "Brother Yang, be careful when you go to the mountain. There are not many mountain products, and they can't be sold for much money. If there are not many, take them back and eat them yourself, don't run to the town." "

Got it." Xia Yang urged impatiently, "Let's go, why can't you say something nice, I earn money for you to spend."

"Heh." Liu Jingwen chuckled and said without comment: "My fault, I wish Brother Yang good luck and wealth."

"That's better, be careful on the road." Xia Yang said with satisfaction.

He would not tell Liu Jingwen that he was going to the back mountain to hunt. If he let him know that he might not be able to go, this little scholar looked gentle and shy, but Xia Yang had experienced his stubbornness. He

only told Liu Jingwen that he would pick some mountain products and sell them in the town to make money, so that he would have a legitimate excuse to appear in the town.

Xia Yang saw that the yard was almost cleaned up, so he put on his backpack, took the machete, and his sharpened bamboo spear, and decided to go to the back mountain today.

At this time, there were more and more people in this wasteland, all of whom were villagers who came out to chop firewood, dig wild vegetables, and pick pig grass.

Xia Yang walked on the dirt road, strode forward regardless of the dust. Because of Liu Jingwen's problem of taking a car, he left late today. Normally, he would not meet many villagers.

He thought that he might have to go out to the mountain at this time in the future. He didn't mean to avoid the villagers, but he was a little annoyed to see them pointing at him.

Xia Yang couldn't help but speed up his pace. He didn't say hello to anyone along the way, and he didn't have the usual interest in making friends. He was thinking about going to the back mountain.

He first checked the traps he had set, and caught two pheasants and a rabbit. Xia Yang was very happy. He had better luck today. In the past few

days, he has been running to the restaurant in the town. He has sent a lot of peaches, but there are not many game meats, and occasionally he would miss them.

It was just that he had too many things to do, so he could not stay in the mountains for long, but now that there was nothing to delay his steps, he wished he could stay in the mountains for a whole day to try to meet a big guy.

When he reached the top of the mountain, Xia Yang looked at the mountains in the distance. The mountains were one after another, and all kinds of green came into view everywhere.

He immediately went down the mountain without hesitation, looking for traces of prey along the way. Xia Yang sighed in his heart. He really had no hunting experience. He could only try his luck by recalling the little experience that the old people in the village said when they recalled the bitterness and sweetness.

The stream was flowing, and the jade was lush. Xia Yang was careful to pay attention to his feet, knocking the wild grass to avoid snakes and insects, and looking for prey footprints and feces.

"Hmm." Xia Yang stopped. The deeper he went into the mountains, the denser the trees were, blocking the sky and only a little sunlight fell on the ground through the gaps between the branches and leaves.

He was tired and thirsty, so he took out a bamboo tube and drank half a tube of water "gulp gulp". Xia Yang looked up at the sky, trying to judge what time it was.

He estimated that he had walked for more than four hours. Through the gaps between the branches and leaves, it seemed to be around ten o'clock in the morning. If he couldn't find any big prey, he could only hunt some pheasants and rabbits to take back.

There were many of these things in the deep mountains. He met several along the way, much more than in the outer mountain, but he never took action.

Listening to the direction of the flowing water, Xia Yang wanted to go there to take a look. He heard that there were always some animals drinking water in the mountain rivers. He didn't know if he could meet them.

"Hurry, run."

"Run to the river, let's go in the water."

Before Xia Yang could take a step, he suddenly heard panicked shouts not far away. He hurriedly looked in the direction of the sound. Before he could see clearly, he heard several heavy landings, like large animals running.

"Not good." Xia Yang's heart moved, raised his legs and ran towards a big tree, jumped and grabbed the trunk, and climbed up quickly with his hands and feet.

As soon as he stood firm on the tree, he saw several figures rushing out of the woods, running desperately in panic. Xia Yang looked back and saw several wild boars following closely.

The sharp fangs made people shudder, and the whole body was full of fierceness. Xia Yang's heart trembled. The deep mountains were indeed full of dangers. It would be dangerous if he encountered them once.

"Climb the tree, climb the tree." Xia Yang saw that several people were still running desperately, and hurriedly reminded them. It was estimated that these people were also scared.

"Climb the tree, climb the tree." Xia Yang shouted, and several people also reacted and rushed to the tree. Unfortunately, one of the small figures was too late.

He fell behind, and the nearest wild boar was only a few steps away from him. He had no time to climb the tree, and the others were climbing the tree. No one saw his current situation.

"Swish."

Xia Yang didn't care about so much, and directly threw the bamboo spear in his hand, which just pierced the wild boar's neck, winning a glimmer of life for that person.

"Hurry up and climb the tree." Xia Yang shouted hurriedly. He saw that the wild boars behind him were about to catch up, and he didn't dare to get down from the tree to help, so he could only remind them.

The little figure was very agile. Hearing the screams of the wild boar behind him, he quickly jumped a few steps away, then grabbed a tree and climbed up.

The wild boar was stabbed in the neck by Xia Yang's bamboo spear, but it did not fall to the ground. Instead, it became more and more manic, running around and howling on the ground, trying to shake off the long bamboo spear on its neck.

The wild boars behind caught up and circled around the mad wild boar. Each of them looked manic, which frightened the people who saw it.

None of the people who climbed up the tree spoke. They all kept silent, watching the wild boars tossing around under the tree, running around and bumping around.

As time passed little by little, there was no sign of the wild boars leaving. Xia Yang didn't know how long it had been, but he felt that the days were long. His stomach unconsciously began to protest and a feeling of hunger came over him.

Xia Yang felt bitter. Why did he encounter this? If he was stopped and couldn't go back, he didn't know how worried the little scholar would be. He was anxious.

"Hey, how are you going to drive the wild boars away?" He didn't care that he shouldn't say anything at this time, and hurriedly asked the people on the trees not far away. "Don't make a sound

." Not far from Xia Yang, a person said with a vicissitudes of life.

"What's the point of being silent." Xia Yang said irritably: "Don't think of a way to make them leave, and are you still waiting to spend the night here?"

"No way." The voice said helplessly.

Xia Yang turned his head and saw that it was a burly middle-aged man, "Aren't you hunters?"

"Yes, I was a hunter. I wanted to lead them away from the group, but I didn't expect that they were never left alone." The middle-aged man sighed.

Xia Yang wanted to swear in order to attract one to shoot and kill, but he didn't expect to attract too many and get himself into trouble. The problem was that he also got himself into trouble.

They only said a few words, and several wild boars had already found their target and began to savagely hit the big tree where they lived.

Maybe because Xia Yang talked too much, several wild boars rushed towards the big tree where he lived, and the tree trunk made a loud noise.

Xia Yang hugged the tree trunk tightly, watching the three wild boars under the tree hitting hard, and he became more and more irritated and uneasy, wondering if the tree could withstand it.

The author has something to say: