71-80

Chapter 71

"Xia Lan."

Xia Yang realized this person belatedly. She was the younger sister of this body. They usually had a good relationship and she was also a member of the lower class of the Xia family.

"Third brother." Xia Lan ran over and said happily: "I thought I recognized the wrong one! Brother, you have gained weight."

Xia Yang touched his cheek. He was indeed a lot fatter than half a year ago. He was no longer pale and thin, and his body was much stronger and stronger.

Looking at the little girl in front of him with a smile and sincere eyes, Xia Yang's throat moved, "You are still so thin."

The little girl's hair was combed neatly, but the hair was obviously dry and lacked nutrition. Her face was also thin, a typical palm-sized face.

"Now I don't often go hungry." Xia Lan said: "I can eat at the table."

The hidden meaning was that she was still not full, but she was much better than before. The smile in her eyes was obviously satisfied, and she was a little shy when she spoke.

Xia Yang understood that she was living well in her husband's family, and the man she married should treat her well.

"Where are you going?" Xia Yang asked, "Are you going to the market in town?"

He saw a woman in her twenties not far away, looking anxiously at this place with obvious fear in her eyes.

"Going to town." Xia Lan pointed to the basket on her arm and said, "Going to sell handkerchiefs and buy some things for the New Year."

Xia Yang looked at her wearing a new red cotton jacket, which seemed to be a wedding dress, but the pants and shoes underneath were obviously old.

"I only made you a cotton jacket, but no new pants and shoes?" Xia Yang asked.

"Uh." Xia Lan was stunned. Seeing Xia Yang's bad face, she forced a smile and said, "I have new shoes. I made them myself. It's not easy to walk on the snowy road and it will wear out your shoes."

"Huh." Xia Yang snorted coldly. He didn't say much. He glanced at the woman not far away and said, "Who is that person?"

"Sister-in-law from my husband's family." Xia Lan turned her head and saw the woman waving at her with an anxious look on her face. "Third brother, are you okay now? How do your husband's family treat you? They must have made things difficult for you, right?" She

knew that her sister-in-law was in a hurry to get on the road, and asked a series of questions, wanting to know Xia Yang's situation. "You look a lot fatter. Didn't they make things difficult for you because of family matters?"

"No." Xia Yang smiled. He didn't want to talk about what happened when he first arrived at the Liu family. "I'm fine. Don't you have to worry."

Seeing Xia Lan's little face gradually turned red from the cold, he called her to get in the car. "Come on, I'm going to the town to go to the market too. Let your sister-in-law come over with me."

Because of Xia Lan's words, Xia Yang knew that this cheap sister should marry a good family. He heard from Wang Hao that the Xia family did not give a dowry.

Xia Lan's current state, with a look of satisfaction on her face, shows that her in-laws are all nice people, and Xia Yang doesn't mind doing them a favor.

"Sister-in-law." Xia Lan ran over, grabbed the woman's arm, and said with a smug smile: "Let's go, let's take Third Brother's ox cart to the town, and we don't have to wade through the snow again."