Starting ...

"Move out of my way bitch!" Vanessa screeched. 

My head slammed into the lockers.

  If you looked at me you wouldn't think this would ever happen to me. I look like one of those girls who wouldn't take it, but unfortunately I do. My home life is just as terrible if not more. They pick on me because I'm smart.

"Vanessa, I swear if you touch her again I'll bust your head open," Jaycee snapped. Vanessa rolled her eyes and walked off. 

"Leianna Renae Nicole Garcia- Johnson! You've gotta start sticking up for yourself!" Jaycee yelled.

 "I know, I know," I said quickly, not in the mood for a lecture. 

Pick up my books from the cold, unforgiving ground. As soon as I do that Paul Lahote and his crew of steroid-taking monkeys start walking down the hallway. The only who is really nice to me is Seth; he's pretty cool. 

"What's up, slut!" Paul sneered from behind me. 

 I don't say anything, but I hunch over so he doesn't see my tears. I wipe my tears quickly and turn to him. He puts his hand up almost to slap me, I'm thinking, but he makes eye contact with me instead and slowly puts his hand down. He keeps making this contact for 10 hard more seconds. 

Okay? That was weird! 

He backs away from me slowly and mumbled "Oh, my God". 

He takes off running into the woods and his friends follow not too close behind. 

"What the world," I mumbled in confusion. "Jaycee, what the hell just happened?" I asked her. Okay, not that I like getting bullied or anything, but that was straight up weird. He never misses out on the chance to hit me! Maybe h-

"I don't know. Maybe he didn't feel good," Jaycee suggested--cutting off my thoughts.

  I gotta get to the bottom of this ASAP.

The last bell rung, and I ran out of my class. I ran to find Jaycee. I look around and I don't see her. 

 Please God, don't let Vanessa come down this hallway.

 After two minutes of wandering around like a helpless puppy, I find her hugged on some guy that I can't identify. 

Oh boy

I cleared my throat loudly. They both jump and blush. 

Mission accomplished

Jaycee moved--revealing the guy she was sucking-face with Kyler Hannings. 

She knows that he's kind of a man-whore, right?  

"Leianna, why don't you walk home I'll talk to you later," She suggested as she was gawking at Kyler.

 "But, I don't wanna go home," I whined. 

"Just go! I'll talk to you later," She practically shoos me off. 

WOW. What a friend. 

I mentally roll my eyes and walk away. 

Jaycee may be my best friend, but she still doesn't know what goes on in my house.

I walk home, and quietly open the door. I started to tip-toe across the wooden floor--creaking with every step. I felt a hand make contact with my face. I fall on the ground HARD. 

"Where the fuck were you?! You stupid bitch!" My father, Gregg, yelled at me. 

Damn, he smells like he bathed in Whiskey. 

"I had to wait for Jaycee, but she told me to walk home with out her," I whispered-- cowering in fear. 

"Don't be late again or you know what's coming!" Gregg screeched. 

He kicked me in the stomach. And then, proceeded to punch me repeatedly in the face. After he was done beating me, I limped all the way upstairs to my room. I look in the mirror, and cleaned the cuts on my face. I look at myself. 

Why do you take this Leianna?