Prologue: Part 2

Ash's POV

In clad black leather and full-face helmet , I straddle my sleek black Kawasaki ZX10R, it's 998cc inline-four engine rumbling beneath me like a predator. I launched off, tires smoking as I unleashed a 197 horsepower. The speedometer needle sprinting past 60, 80, 100 miles per hour.
Dangerously close to speeding right into my grave, i didn't care though, anything would be better than ending up in that hell hole.

My gaze darted between the road and my rearview mirror, reflecting the flashing lights of the police almost catching up to me. My eyes narrow, my focus intensified as I navigated the streets of this small town I've lived throughout my childhood.

Zee's (which is what I call my precious bike) tires squealed and screeched through the small rural town, the rear wheel drifting as I take sharp turns into the area trying to lose the cops.The bikes suspension compressed and expanded, absorbing bumps and potholes.

Man I missed this, running from the sheriff, these streets, this freedom.

I weaved through narrow gaps throughoutthe houses, dust scattered all over but my focus remains fixed on evasion. The police sirens grew louder, closer. I banked hard left, tires creating a dusty fog behind me. I exploited through the gaps, accelerating to 140mph.

I lost sight of the police cruisers but their sirens echoed throughout the mountain village. I then saw the abandoned burned down house of my childhood and hid there. The cops making rounds around the village searching for me, eventually giving up and leaving.

And that my friends is how to get away from the town sheriff, I'd say it was a pretty successful day of stealing from the church and pinning the blame on another innocent citizen.

I grin sneaking out of the house before parking Zee somewhere safe and heading home.