Prologue

Avery POV:

Where am I?
Is the first thought that come to mind as I slowly open my eyes, but the darkness remains, as if the shadow has swallowed me whole. my head throbs, and my mind foggy.
What the hell happened? I groan

Panic sets as I struggle to remember. My name, my family, my life - everything's shrouded in darkness.
I try to sit up, but a wave of dizziness washes over me as if I have been brainwashed, I slammed my palms to my forehead. I squint, taking in my surroundings, a faint light flickers to life above me. I'm in a small, dingy cell. The walls seem to close in on me.
I notice a shadow figure in the opposite corner of the cell, staring at me, I gulp but my mouth runs dry.
I need water.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty" a women says, her voice sounding husky, while still staring at me. With my vision still blurry, I noticed how much bigger she was than me.

"Who are you?" I managed to croak out in a whisper, my heart slamming in my chest.
She doesn't respond. Still staring at me, she leans forward resting her elbows on her knees. The faint light showing some of her features. Her black hair in short cornrows and shadows of tattoos on her neck.

"Let's get one thing straight" She says
"We're cell mates, not roommates or friends. In here it's every man for themselves, I don't know you nor do I want to know you. Don't ask me for shit cause I ain't helping nor giving you shit. You got that?" She says looking at me as if staring into my soul with huge eyes.

I stare at her in shocked, my mouth opening slightly but not knowing what to say. I couldn't say anything I don't even know why I'm here or what's going on, I was so confused. She lays with her back on her bunker, resting her one arm underneath her head and one arm on her stomach.

Before I could I even ask she says "Oh and don't try to remember anything because you wouldn't want to and if you do they'll make you forget again, so lay low and keep your mouth shut"

Those were her last words before turning around facing her back to me, and all I could think of was..
what the fuck??