o n e

H- pov

H- pov

I walk out of the classroom, feeling relieved that I passed the math test.

I grab my headphones and put them on, full volume so I can hear only the music and not people talking and being loud.

I love my peace, and I need it daily. I love rainy days where I can lay in my bed under warm blanket with coffee in my hand, and a book in the other. But unfortunately I can't do this often, I have to study hard all the time.

"Hayley!" I take out one headphone and look around.

"Mel, hey." I take out both of them so I can talk to my best friend, which looks a little too happy, very unusual for her.

"Guess what i just did with Aiden Santos!" Mel blushes and smiles warmly, playing with her hair,  chewing a gum.

"I don't know, you tell me." I admit, a lot of things came up in my mind.

I just don't wanna guess out loud of what nasty stuff my best friend was doing.

Anyways, Aiden Santos is a typical blayboy, he has new girl every week. I'm not glad my bestie is having a thing with him. I would love to smack hers cheek, so it clicks in her head and she realizes it's a waste of time. Once a player, always a player.

"Well, he said that I have pretty eyes, then he grabbed me-" I interrupt her yapping session about nasty stuff by throwing a pen at her.

"My ears hurt." I complain, rolling my eyes.

"Ow!" Mel fake cries.

"Melody, fuck him." My mouth let out what I want her to do ever since their thing started.

"I did." Mel blushed even more.

"I didn't mean it like that, oh my gosh." I panic, blush of embarrassment spreads around my cheeks.

I want to protect my beloved best friend, I can't let Aiden to hurt this pure soul.

"Wanna go on shopping spree after school and then go to mines and bake some cookies?" I suggest, excited imagining the gucci bag in my hands.

"Oh sorry, I already have plans with Aiden." Mel plays with strand of her hair. I just nod, "okay."

Is she ditching me for a boy?

"Anyways, I gotta go, bye girl." Mel throws on a smile and leaves with a wave.

-• ♡︎ •-

Its finally my favorite time of the day. My lovely bed, coffee and gilmore girls. I made my bed super comfy today, I put like 8 pillows and three blankets on my bed, best decision.

I have watched like few episodes and I got a random burst of energy, probably its is the coffee randomly filling up my battery.

So I've decided to go outside and walk my dog Abby in the park, also to get my daily steps in.
I got my shoes on, put Abby on the leash, and walk out of the house with my airpods in, blasting on full volume.

The weather is beautiful, not cold, not hot, just right. The breeze plays with my hair as I walk.
As I look aroud, my eyes register some movement behind the trees. I carefully watch to figure it out.

No fucking way.

Of course it's fucking Aiden Santos making out with some chick. I get a wave of anger, Mel really likes him, and he is cheating on her?

What should I do? Keep it to myself and keep Mel happy, go punch that dickhead, or tell her?

And all of sudden, my dog gets crazy and decides to bark the shit out of her.

My heart drops, they stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me, then at Abby.
Aiden scoffed, giving me a side eye.

I can't help it, "You are the biggest loser and cunt alive!" I scream at Aiden, letting the words escape my mouth without thinking.

His mouth opens wide, eyes grow one size up.

I get scared, pick up my dog and run away at full speed I could get out of my legs.

I arrive at my house, my heart beat fast as hell.
I look in the mirror while taking my shoes off, my face is so red from the running and hair all messed up. I head right into my bedroom, letting the embarrassment go away by closing my eyes and taking a nap.