First year

I looked out the window and bounced my leg while watching the trees pass. Autumn and raco sat across from me, talking to each other about some guy. "OMG I know! It's crazy, did you hear about the new defense against the dark arts teacher? He's apparently so hot" bleh. I rolled my eyes as the train approached the massive castle. Suddenly, a figure passed the door and then looked into the window of our door.

The door opened, and the figure smiled into the cart. He had a beard and a scar across his face. "Hello girls, did you have a nice trip?" I looked at him and then smiled. "Yes si-" I got interrupted. "oh shut it rav!" Raco glared at me and I looked at the ground. The figure approached me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "What's your name kiddo?" I stayed quiet and leaned back. "Kiddo?"

I looked up at him and stayed quiet once more. "Raven.." I muttered. "Come again?" He leaned down and looked at me confused. "Raven" I said a bit louder before he smiled and nodded. "Why don't you walk with me?" He said and stood up. I nodded reluctantly, and Autumn shot me a jealous glare. I sighed softly before standing up and walking with him. We walked a while before entering the hallway to the Grand hall. He smiled and led me to the chair.

"First one to get sorted! imagine your in ravenclaw." He turned to me and smiled, I seen a hat on the stool and picked it up, set it on my head, and sat down. "Hmm, let's see.. definitely not Slytherin" they booed, and the other kids walked in. Whispered broke among them. "silence!" The headmaster screamed, and silence rose. "Maybe Hufflepuff. Hmm.. Hufflepuff!" The hat screamed, and the Hufflepuff table stood up and screamed and clapped loudly.

I covered my ears and sat up, the figure patted me on the back, and I walked over to the table. Immediately, the clapping stopped, and one by one, kids were seated into their houses before the time ended, and we were led to our chamber. "I call the top bunk!" A girl screamed and immediately went up to it. "Me two!" "Me three!!" Soon, beds filled up, until one was left. "Ew, no way. I'm not having her sleep under me." A girl with brown hair said and shoved me into another bed. "ew!" The girl shrieked and pushed me onto the floor.

"She touched my bed!" She yelled and threw her hair brush at my face. I blocked my face as more items came flying at me. Eventually I got up and ran out of the room, the center room was empty, only lit by the dim fireplace. My body ached as I limped to the couch with my suitcase before sitting on it and sighing. "Ow.." I whined and laid down on the couch. A boy came out of his dorm and looked at me. "You're not supposed to be in here."

I looked at him and then grunted as I weakly sat up. "I'm sorry, I-" he grabbed my arm and shoved me onto the floor. "Get back to your dorm first year." I nodded and stood up with all my strength before picking my suitcase up and stumbled up the stairs to the girls dorm. Slowly, I opened the door. Thank god everyone was asleep. I stumbled into the room and went to the showers before laying down in one of the stalls. "Ugh.." I grunted and then whimpered and sighed before closing my eyes and fell asleep. I awoke as the dim light shined into the room, I stood up and picked my suitcase up.

Looking at my watch, I noticed it was 6am. I still had 2 hours, but it was better to be out of here early. I got dressed and hid my suitcase into a closet and locked it with a spell that couldn't be opened under any spell unless it was the caster before creeping out of the room. I looked at my arms as legs, they were covered in bruises. walking out of the chamber, the halls were dimly lit with the sunlight. I walked down the halls and looked around. It was big, definitely big.

"Raven?" A voice spoke behind me. I turned around and came face to face with an old lady. "You're not supposed to- what happened to your face?" She touched my cheek gently. My face was bruised and I had a black eye from a book hitting it. "I'm clumsy, I'm sorry ma'am, I thought I'd look around a bit" she frowned and then replaced it with a smile. "Why don't I walk you around so you don't get lost?" I nodded and smiled back

We walked, and walked, and walked, before we ran into another teacher. "Raven, McGonagall, nice to see you two this morning." It was the same man I saw on the train. "hello Lupin." She smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Oh dear, what happened to your fa- what happened?" He looked me up and down before sighing. "Come with me, we can get you healed up"

I shook my head and giggled nervously. "It's ok, I'm quite alright!" I smiled and backed up a bit. "I should start heading to the Grand hall!" I chuckled nervously and then turned around and walked away before any of them could say much further. I walked into the bathrooms, and sat in one of the stalls. "There's no way I'm going to the Great hall.." I muttered to myself and started counting the bruises and markings.