lasting words

Remus picked me up after a while and led me out of his classroom. "Dinner is happening, do you want to eat in your dorm room?" I shook my head. "N..no, I don't wanna eat today.." I muttered out.

"You haven't eaten anything today yet, and if you did, you puked it up. You need to eat something" I shook my head and frowned. "I'm not hungry.." Remus looked down at me and sighed before taking me to our chamber. He said the password and led me to the girls dorm, and then asked where my bed was.

I gulped and led him into the bathroom and into the shower stall I'd been sleeping in. "Why have you been sleeping in here? There's enough beds!" I rubbed my arm nervously and sighed. "Well.. um.. the other girls don't want me in there.." I spoke in a broken voice, as if I was about to cry. "Why?" Lupin pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. "My sister spread rumors and now all the girls hate me.. that's where I got all the bruises and cuts from.." he stood there shocked before I saw a look of frustration in his eyes and then he sighed and rubbed his head.

"Um.. professor?.." I shook him a bit and he looked down at me. "Why don't you sleep with me for tonight so that you're comfortable and can get some proper sleep." I was astonished. He trusted me to sleep in his sleeping quarter? "Come on, I'll show you before the girls get here and get jealous." Lupin shot me a smile and chuckled a bit. "Sorry, it was a bit unprofessional." I laughed softly and quietly while smiling. That was the first time he's seen a real smile on my face.

The first time I've felt a real smile on my face. While Lupin led the way to his sleeping space, I was lost in thought. I've never had a proper bed, clothes, hygiene, food, education, and yet I still got here?.. Autumn for everything from my aunt.. i can admit that at times i would get jealous, but if I ever showed it, I'd get backhanded into Friday.

Lupin tapped my shoulder softly and I snapped back to reality. Wow. There was a small bed in the corner of the room with a window by its side. The bed was a full sized bed with a gray sheet and a white blanket on it, and there was 4 fluffy big pillows that were positioned perfectly with gray pillowcases over them, and a bedside table with a small lap on it and two drawers. The window had a blackout curtain on them, and there was a black fluffy rug under and around the bed, with an armchair in the corner of the room and a dresser next to it. The wall closer to the door had a desk by it with a chair and there was a space under the bed big enough for a suitcase to fit.

The walls were a light gray color and the lightbulb was dimmable. "Sorry it's not much, feel free to sleep in here or come in here anytime you need, ok?" I nodded and went to sit on the bed. "It's amazing, truly amazing, I've only had a small toddler bed with no blankets and a ripped pillow so this is truly wonderful.." I smiled and sighed happily as I leaned back against the bed and sighed.

"Very well, you sleep well, I'll be in the living room if you need me ok?" I nodded and smiled more to him and pulled one of the light blue pastel comforters over my legs and immediately felt warm go up my legs and fill my body with it. Remus left and shut the door behind him, and I closed the curtains. I heard Snape come into the small building and ask lupin why neither I nor him were at the Great hall, and lupin explained with very little detail.

I smiled to myself and rolled over onto my side and yawned, almost falling asleep. Jump. Oh come on, not again!.. I sighed and sat up. Jump out the window. I leaned over and opened the curtain a bit to look outside, it looked as if we were 7 stories up in the air.
No.. no way am I jumping from this height! It'll kill me! I shut the curtain and laid down onto my back and stared up at the ceiling.

That's then point. To die. DIE. I sat up straight and ended my eye before getting up out of bed and peeped out of the door. Fuck, Snape was still here. And McGonagall? God damn it! I stepped out into the hallway and walked into the living room before lupin noticed me and immediately stopped talking. He stood up and walked over to me before hugging me. "Voices?" I nodded and hugged him back. "Mhm.." I choked out and teared up.

"It wants me to jump out the window.." the words stumbled out of my mouth like a ice cube. McGonagall shot me a look and Snape went a bit wide-eyed. "That's no good hm? Why don't I cover the window tomorrow morning and for now you can sleep in my room tonight and I can sleep in the spare room."

"But! That's your personal space!" He hushed me and nodded his head* it's your personal life on the line, I'll do anything to keep you safe. Anything."