Part 5

Just ten months into the marriage, Queen Angela had fulfilled her royal duty, providing an heir to the kingdom, considered the greatest achievement for a woman during the medieval period.

The Kingdom of Castoria buzzed with excitement as news of Queen Angela's pregnancy spread throughout the castle and beyond. The union between Angela, a strong warrior queen, and King Joseph, a warrior deeply captivated by her strength and spirit, had been a celebrated event. Their marriage had not only brought together two powerful personalities but also symbolized hope and prosperity for the kingdom.

As the months passed and Angela's belly grew, so did the anticipation in the kingdom. Despite the physical challenges of pregnancy, Angela continued to rule with unwavering determination. Her court admired her resilience, viewing her as both a mother and a monarch—someone who could carry the future while firmly leading the present.

One fateful night, under the full moon, the time for the royal birth arrived. The castle was abuzz with activity as midwives and attendants prepared for the delivery. Despite the pain of labor, Angela remained composed, her warrior spirit shining through, though in this sacred moment, she also showed the gentleness and humility expected of a medieval queen.

"Oh, Lord, grant me strength," Angela whispered, her voice trembling. "May this child be a son, as my lord Joseph desires."

Her ladies-in-waiting and midwives hovered around her, their faces tense with concern. The chapel's bells tolled, summoning prayers for the queen's safe delivery. Nobles and commoners alike gathered in the castle's chapel, praying for her welfare.

"Hold on, my lady," said the chief midwife, her voice soothing. "The baby is coming."

Angela gritted her teeth, the pain overwhelming. "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee," she prayed. "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death."

The labor was long and arduous, but Angela bore it with the grace of a queen and the strength of a warrior. The midwives whispered prayers, and the castle's chapel was filled with kneeling nobles, all praying for a safe delivery.

"Breathe, my queen," the midwife urged. "The child is almost here."

"For our kingdom," Angela murmured, summoning every ounce of strength.

At last, after hours of labor, the cry of a newborn filled the room. A wave of relief and joy swept through the castle. The midwife, her face glowing with awe, held the child for Angela to see.

"A girl," she announced reverently.

The room fell silent. Everyone had expected a male heir, a future king. But there was no disappointment in Angela's eyes—only pride and joy. She reached out to hold her daughter, her heart swelling with love and determination.

"Beatrice," she whispered, naming her daughter. "She will be strong and wise, a beacon for our people."

In the castle's chapel, those who had gathered to pray now murmured amongst themselves. The news of a princess, rather than a prince, was met with mixed reactions. Though some were disappointed at first, respect and admiration for their queen quickly took over.

"God save the queen and the newborn princess," a nobleman declared.

"Amen," another echoed. "May Princess Beatrice bring honor to Castoria."

Soon, the initial surprise gave way to pride. The queen had delivered a child, and this child symbolized hope and future strength. An elderly woman in the crowd, her voice trembling with emotion, said, "Queen Angela has given us a gift. May the Lord bless her and the princess."

In the days that followed, the people of Castoria began to see Beatrice not merely as the queen's daughter but as a beacon of a new era. The worth of a ruler was not measured by their gender but by their spirit and capability. Beatrice's birth was not just the arrival of a princess; it marked the dawn of a new hope for Castoria.

Under Angela's guidance, Beatrice would grow to embody her mother's strength and her father's wisdom—a true heir to the throne, regardless of her gender. Her birth was a turning point, shaping Castoria's future. The kingdom, initially surprised, soon recognized Beatrice as a symbol of a new era where strength and wisdom were celebrated equally, no matter one's gender.

Nobles and commoners alike came to admire Queen Angela even more for her strength and vision. She had ushered in a new era, and her daughter Beatrice was the living embodiment of that promise. As the chapel bells rang in celebration, Castoria united in joy and hope for the future.

"United we stand, divided we fall," the people chanted, their voices ringing out in faith and unity.

"Hail Queen Angela, hail Princess Beatrice," they proclaimed, their hearts filled with newfound hope.

The birth of Beatrice was more than just the arrival of another royal—it was the beginning of a new chapter for Castoria, where strength and wisdom, not gender, defined the future.

To Be Continue.....