Meeting Zayne

It's calm around you.

Only some beeping noises break through the serenity of your mind, drawing you out of the floating state you're in. And all your senses come back to life one after another.

You lay down on something soft, like a bed?

Why are you in bed?

It feels unfamiliar.

There are still these regular beeps and...

This scent.

It stings in your nose, like...

Disinfection liquid?

And there's more... you scrunch your nose. A Flowery and gentle scent, fleeting and barely noticeable. You're not even sure which flower.

Slowly, you open your eyes and are greeted with twilight and unknown surroundings. Well, not quite, as your eyesight improves. White, sterile walls with big windows, the sun throws dark orange rays into the scenery, giving it a warm hue between all the cold colors and silvery metal of the spare furniture around.

A white blanket also covers you, and a handful of tubes and thin cables run from under it to some machines at the head of your bed.

Ah, these are making those pesky sounds.

And then there is a dark-haired man standing in front of the unnerving devices. His back, clothed in a white lab coat, is turned to you. Slowly, this color also gets irritating.

You try to move and sit up, but your limbs aren't obedient, your effort is in vain. With your heroic yet unsuccessful action, the devices turn even peskier, now reacting with a whole orchestra of nerve-wracking beeps and clickers.

That gets the attention of the stranger in his white lab coat, and he finally turns to you. Green-hazel eyes behind silver-framed glasses observe you with observant patience and ... relief.

"You're finally awake," a calm and deep voice calls out, the timbre immediately soothing your tensed nerves.

You know this voice, you remember listening to it through your phone for hours and hours before a certain purple-haired artist caught your heart.

"Zayne?" you ask confused.

The broad figure of the black-haired man walks to you in settled steps. "So you remember my name, that's good."

He sits opposite you on a silvery-white chair and pulls out a pencil-looking device. "Follow the light with your eyes only." as he moves the little lamp from side to side in front of your eyes. "You're at Akso Hospital. Do you remember what happened?"

Forgetting the instructions you are captivated by hazel-green orbs observing you seriously. You always had a weakness for his eyes, you think back now. Endless seeming galaxies of jade green and light brown that held so many emotions for the attentive eye, so much more beautiful in reality than on a screen.

"Listen." comes his stoic reminder to follow the little light.

You gulp and do as you are told. A few seconds later the lamp is replaced by a stethoscope. "May I?" as he points to your chest with one end.

With trembling fingers, you pull down the ugly hospital clothing a bit to grant him access.

Why are you even wearing this?

The cold metal round is pressed on the skin on your chest, and you shiver from the sudden contact. "Breath slowly." another clear instruction.

He furrows his brows slightly, eyes switching up to yours for a second, too short to read them before the tool goes into one pocket of his white coat.