Chapter 34

A months passed without a sign of Jake.

Reuniting with my family and everyone I missed was such a sweet moment to remember.

Feeling a bit safe to maybe Jake fled made me go back to my occupation.

I was living with Taehyun at an apartment we moved in a month ago for my safety.

Jake's parents were held in a house arrest incase Jake appears and try to ask for help from any of them.

The apartment is actively patrolled by police force every second.

I was done alerting Jennie.

"Bye Jennie,see yah tomorrow."I smiled at her.

"Bye Y/N,I guess I have a lot of work to do."Complained Jennie as usual.

I was finally outside getting to my car.

I drove myself to pick up U-jin at the daycare and even had a lovely video call with my aunt.

Getting to the apartment I could breath.

I had no idea Taehyun would be back home at the same timing as me.

I gave a smile when we both walked out of our cars.

Seeing at Taehyun dressed in his police uniform made me blush.

"Wow you look more handsome everytime I take a glance at you in that uniform."I somehow became flirty while carrying U-jin in my arms.

We were both close and I looked up at him.

"Is that a compliment?How are you feeling?"Questioned Taehyun brushing his fingers through U-jin's messy looking hair.

"I'm good,I'm copping and you?"I also asked.

Taehyun couldn't stop looking into my eyes.

"Don't worry Y/N,I will do anything to protect you from him,he wouldn't lay a hand on you,I promise."He said with so much determination.

"I know you will,let's go inside,I'll cook us something,maybe your so hungry aren't you?"I said.

We three were inside the apartment.

I wanted to cook but Taehyun had insisted on cooking for me.

U-jin seemed to have been worn-out from being at the daycare.

He was asleep.

I kept glancing at Taehyun showing his chef cooking skills.

I hear a bit of a grunt out of being burned by food he tried to lift up like a chef he is.

"Ohh gosh did you hurt yourself?"I questioned getting up from my seat.

"It's okay,seat down and relax,I've felt more worse pain than this."He smiled like a cutie pie.

After some moments of cooking he came with bowls of plates of different dishes he made for us placing on the table.

He sat across from me.

"Try,hope my new dishes don't become your daily meal."He teased with a mischievous grin.

"Hope not."I tasted the first dish and didn't see him getting up.

Taehyun kneeled down beside me,his expression full of love and tenderness. He took my hand in his, looking into my eyes as he speaks.

"Y/N my love, you are the most beautiful, amazing, and wonderful person I have ever known. From the moment I met you, I knew you were someone special. And I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."

Hearing his words my jaw dropped with my arms covering my mouth.

Taehyun takes a deep breath, his expression full of love and tenderness. He takes the ring box out of his pocket and opens it, revealing a beautiful engagement diamond ring inside.

"Y/N,I know we've been through a lot and I promise to protect you for the rest of my life. Every day, every moment, every breath. And I want to be by your side to laugh with you, cry with you, and grow old with you. Will you make me the happiest person alive and do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Looking into his eyes I couldn't say no to that.

"Taehyun?This is beautiful,it's like I'm dreaming,I...I never thought it can turn out this way and because I trust you and want this myself,my answer will be a yes."I nod.

Taehyun held me into his arms by the waist picking me up like a fairy I am and twirled around with me with excitement and a dream come true.

He placed me down and gave me a warm hug,his arms brushing against my hair at the back and his face resting on my shoulder.

We were suddenly disturbed by a loud BANG! Sound.

The door was opened and someone unexpected walked in with a grin.

"Well well well look who joins the party."Said Jake with a growl and desperate look.

He seemed to have even dyed his hair to blond.

"Jake?"I felt my tummy ache just from seeing him.

I was only thankful U-jin was upstairs.

"Jake!I'll call the police right now!"

Taehyun was about to move.

"I wouldn't fcking do that if I were you police boy,I'll pull the trigger right now and pierce through your heart like the way you tried with me,sadly you missed."He chuckled.

"I checked you,you were shot badly,how did you make it out of there?Also how did you even pass the police?"Asked Taehyun looking shocked but pulling me against him for protection.

Jake seemed to be observing the way Taehyun was holding me and I could see a little slight of possessiveness and Jealousy mixed with anger.

"Ohh,is that a diamond ring?Also you police are very very stupid when it comes to your job,how could they recognize me passing while being a blonde,either way there was no one outside so I took the opportunity."Said Jake.

"Jake,Jake please let me be,please go and live your life without causing anymore trouble."I pleaded with my hands and tried to kneel.

"Y/N,Y/N,my sweet lover,I cannot go away from your life,because we are soulmates,so I can~not lea~ve."He played around with his gun.

I felt my heart beat fast and knew Jake was not here to play.

Taehyun kept pulling me against him and held the kitchen knife he picked from the table.