Chapter 23

I put on a brave smile as I walked downstairs.

I could see that Jake's mother was glaring at me.

"Uhm...hi Jake's mother."I said taking a seat and Jake gave me this serious look his grip on the fork.

"Take a seat sweets,also we have a lot to discuss about don't we?"He gave a sinister smile.

"Okay,and your right about the discussion."I felt annoyed taking a seat at the side of Jake.

"First let's make something clear Y/N,you should stop thinking about your past life,meaning your job and everything and focus on me and U-jin only."Said Jake.

I was about to say something...

"Also on top of that,I'll make something clear sweets...I won't let you run away from me ever again."He grinned.

I just didn't feel like making eye contact with him giving me that look.

"And of course..." Jake paused for effect, letting Y/N's nerves build as she waited to see what he would say next.

"I'm not just talking about keeping you here physically. I'm also going to make sure you never want to leave me again."Jake shifted in his seat, taking a sip of coffee as he leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at me.

"That means I'm going to make sure you love me. Truly... completely... eternally."He smirked.

"I guess I'll leave now since she came to live with you."Said Jake's mother while U-jin was in her arms.

Jake then turned his attention to his mother looking at U-jin who was busy trying to drink juice his mother was making him drink.

Jake smiled as he spoke,his voice firm but gentle.

"Mom I think you should leave the house to my Y/N here,don't worry about U-jin,Y/N won't be going to work anyways so she will take care of him."

Jake's mother seemed a bit upset about this but when she looked at Jake's hand gripping more tightly on the fork she got up.

"Okay then,Here is your son."Said Jake's mother handing U-jin to me.

U-jin just smiled playing with my hair which was one of his hobbies to mess up other people's hair.

"Y/N give me a minute,I won't be long."He said getting up from his chair.

Jake's mother looked at Jake and they both walked out.

I saw this as an opportunity to feel like breathing normally while hugging my son so emotionally to how Jake could have kept him away from me for those days.

"Wow your crazy father even took you for a hair cut?"I looked surprised because his haircut was the same as Jake's.

I got startled by Jake.

"Your already teaching my son that I'm crazy,you should watch your mouth sweets."He said walking few inches towards me and U-jin.

He then got to me and held me by my chin making me to look at his showing his innocent looking face.

"You will never speak of me that way,Do you understand?"He gently spoke with his smile forming on his face.

I could see that his eyes had darkened and that made me to nod.

My U-jin was just smiling and raised his arms to be carried by Jake.

Jake smiled at U-jin and took him from my arms.

I was confused to why U-jin seemed to prefer Jake more than me.

"What did he feed my son?"I questioned myself.

"You can finish eating your breakfast sweets,If you need me I'll be in my office room."He said leaving with U-jin.

I wondered why he would take U-jin when I know he doesn't like to be disturbed and kids are usually troublesome.

I looked at the breakfast that was prepared by his mother and decided to eat.

While eating I kept thinking about Taehyun and what his reaction will be once he noticed I'm gone

Will he look for me?Will he think about me?Will he move on?

I kept having a dozen of questions that made me to lose my appetite because surely his food tasted way better.

I drank the juice and walked to Jake's office.

His door was closed which made me fear knocking but I had no choice because I didn't want to find my U-jin in a position I couldn't describe.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in!"I walked inside

I looked at Jake as he put down his phone.

"Where is U-jin?"I asked noticing that Jake put U-jin on his office chair.

U-jin was even playing with some cards on the table.

"I'll take him,he must be troubling you."I said walking to U-jin.

"My son was in the middle of learning how to play cards,how can you be so boring for my son."He said.

"Cards,U-jin doesn't even know what he's doing,did you even buy him toys to play with?"I asked as Jake smirked.

"Well I bought him the best toys,of cause and their in his room."Said Jake.

"His room?"I questioned surprised.

"Yes,is it something to be surprised about?"He asked giving a smile.

"No...where is his room?"I questioned.

Jake smiled putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Let me show you."He said and I followed him.

We got to this room as he opened the door.

Inside the room was car toys,gun toys and teddy bears.

And the room was really nice and a bit blue.

"The room is nice but I don't understand why you would buy U-jin gun toys."I said giving a questioning look.

"U-jin is also my son Y/N,He should know what a gun is and how to use it with the toys,once he manages to grow up I'll teach him so that he can protect himself."He said.

"From people like you."I said in a low tone so that he doesn't hear me.

"Did you say something?"He questioned.

"Uhm...no...I said it's a good idea but still he's too young."I said.

He gave me a side eye.

"Stop questioning most of the things I do,also if you need me I'll be in my office."He said walking out.

I focused on my U-jin and walked inside the room.~