I

"Another."

The young bartender frowned but didn't speak a word. He quietly took the empty glass then placed the same order in a flash. The drunk woman in front has the aura of a big wig's daughter and to see one going solo is like a dream come true.

However, the second he placed the Dirty Martini on the black, marble counter, another costumer from the opposite side found his way right next to her tall chair, despite all seven aligned seats in the bar are all unoccupied.

The dude he presumed having same age as him is dressed in a plain navy blue polo-shirt and faded black jeans. Totally different from his style of clothing, perfect for the job he's doing.

"I never thought I'd wish I was a glass."

He mentally cursed the annoyingly attractive guy for trying to take the beautiful lady's attention, and hoped he'd choke on the beer he's holding.

A voice with deep and mellow timbre, enough to irritate the teen bartender and make the sophisticated lady look at him in horror.

He has olive-brown complexion that highlights his dark, shoulder-length straight hair, light-brown deep-set eyes and thick lashes. To make matters worse, he also has a soft tall nose, curved dimples and inviting light-pink pair of lips.

As if the guy caught all the blessings a god of beauty can offer. The bartender unintentionally shook his head and accepted defeat. The plan to get her too drunk to care about his appearance and get laid without much effort has gone down the drain.

"You're drooling."

Heat rose up from the bartender's back for thinking he was caught in the act, when in fact, the phrase was intended for her to notice.

"Not that I mind."

He added and made her and the teenager behind the bar raise their left eyebrows in unison.

The brunette with almost the same height as him continued to ignore the one talking and kept drinking, however, his persistence was in full swing.

"Another." She finally spoke in a lesser offending tone, but not particularly friendly either.

"That's on me." said the long-haired stranger. Unfortunately, she glared daggers at the teenager, even getting her wavy, free-flowing hair dancing in disapproval.

"I can pay for my own drink."

"I know, but I want to buy you one." He insisted and smiled to the point that both his dimples showed on his smooth cheeks.

"Well I don't." She said and stood up, bracing her fingers on the edge of the counter to support her posture.

"Where's my bill?" She slammed her black leather purse next to her empty glass and gave the bartender her black card. "Add your tip as much as you desire."

The teenager smiled from ear to ear, and gladly accepted the generous offer.

Meanwhile, the stunned costumer had no other choice but to laugh at himself, for listening to his big brother's advice. To find a wife in a club full of random people is certainly the worst idea and yet he still tried just to save his pride.

Being envious of his happily married sibling at the age of thirty isn't something to be ashamed of, since most people technically try to settle down after they have had all the necessary experience at their young ages.

However, it's definitely not easy for an Introvert like him.

Girls of all ages may have flocked around him for years, yet he was too preoccupied to succeed in his chosen career, after they both lost their parents on a road rage.

"Don't take it to heart. It happens to all of us." The bartender broke his train of thoughts and reminded him of his order.

"Thanks. My name's Lucius."

"Nice. You can call be Allen." The two men shook hands and watched the woman stagger towards the dimmed entrance, a couple of yards away.

"Is she a regular?" Lucius asked curiously.

"Nope. I've never seen one who came in here without a friend at least. Not to mention, drinking in silence like she carries the whole world's problems."

"Wait, you mean she's been alone this whole time and in a place like this?" Lucius said as he frantically pulled his leather wallet from his back pocket to pay his bill and left a minimum tip for the server, before running towards the door.

"I don't think that's a good idea!" The boy shouted at the top of his lungs but got muffled by the EDM music running at the background.

Lucius on the other hand managed to catch a glimpse of the woman trying to cross the empty street. However, another man beat him first and did something to make her lose consciousness.

"Hey! What's going on over there?!"

To be continued~

A/N:

Thank you for checking this book out. My chapters are short but I hope you'll like it to continue reading till the end. If you enjoyed, please don't forget to hit the star or recommend it to others. Thank you for your support.