Chapter 2: new home

You were sprinting to the base holding the plush critters and supplies as you do, once you arrive at the base you dropped off the supplies and head towards your room and open your room door making sure not to drop any of the plush critters in the process and as you open the door you quickly got in and close the door with your foot you then carefully begin putting the plush critters down.

(Pretend there is a mini fridge and imagine pootis being a plushie)

You: okay so before I do anything I need to know what exactly are you guys? You say as you look at the critters.

The dog then starts to speak and introduce himself

???: I'm dogday and these are my friends we're the smiling critters!

He says with excitement as he introduces his friends they then begin to introduce themselves starting with the unicorn.

???: I-I'm c-craftycorn nice t-to meet you

She says in a nervous voice as she lifts her hoove to give a hand shake as you take it and gently shake it then you hear the chicken speak.

???: I'm kickin chicken the coolest guy around!

He says with pride in his voice as you notice the other critters roll their eyes at him he reminds you of yourself when you use to brag about being the best.

???: I'm bubba bubbaphant nice to meet you sir

You hear the blue elephant say as he offers his hoove to you as shake it then you hear the pig speak.

???: I'm picky piggy do you have anything to eat?

She says as she rubs her tummy you pull out a KitKat bar and give it to her as she takes it and eats it

???: I'm Bobby bearhug I love your home!

You hear the red bear say as you look at her and thank her for the compliment you then look at the green rabbit as she does her introduction.

???: I'm hoppy hopscotch and I plan to jump so high I reach to the moon!!!

She says with a determined look as you smile at her determination you then look at the last one the purple cat as you then spoke to him.

You: and what's your name friend

???:...

He says nothing as dogday then speaks

Dogday: oh that's catnap he doesn't really talk much only smiles.

He says as you look at all of the now named smiling critters you then decide on one thing.

You: alright well first of all nice to meet you all im y/n and before we do anything else let's get you cleaned up first cause when was the last time you guys took a bath?

When said that they all looked at you in confusion as dogday speaks again in a confused voice

Dogday: what's a bath?

Hearing this you knew that they must've never heard or taken one before so you speak again

You: I'll show you all come fallow me little ones

You say before getting up and heading to your bathroom as the smiling critters fallow you like little ducklings fallow there mom, once you arrive at the bathroom you start the bathtub and wait for it to fill up before you then begin pouring some soap bubbles in, you then carefully put the critters in the tub and begin to gently scrub the dirt and grime off of them you did occasionally had to stop picky piggy from trying to eat the bubbles from time to time and once you got them all dry and cleaned you then take them back to the room as you grab your sewing kit from your drawer and you begin to patch their exposed parts and once you were done you grab your remote and turn on your tv putting on SpongeBob for them to watch as you then start thinking.

You: *mentally* okay y/n what are you gonna tell the others this is a serious issue they need to know about.

Your thoughts were interrupted as you heard the critter's stomachs growl signaling that they were hungry as you got up and spoke.

You: hang on I think I got something you can eat.

You said as you go to your mini fridge and open it and you find a plate with 2 sliced sandviches that heavy made for you as you grab it and handed one of the sliced sandviches to the critters as you take the other one.

You: here try this it's a sandvich one of my mates made.

You say as the critters shared the sandvich and began eating as they enjoyed the taste of it as you ate yours and soon you all finished as it then became time to head to sleep.

You: alright I think it's time for bed.

You say as you went and changed into your sleeping clothes and laid in bed the critters joining soon after as they lay in different spots next to you and soon drifted off to sleep as you look at them and smiled before whispering to yourself.

You: welcome to your new home little ones. Before drifting off to sleep.