Part Four: Realism

An important decision about any fanfiction is deciding if you want the real people in the fanfiction (people that exist in real life) be close to who they are in real life (personality and action wise) or change how the character is viewed from a fictional standpoint.

If you choose the first option, creating an accurate personality and accurate actions portrayed by the real characters, there's a trick to doing so. Say a real character and a made up character are going on a date. Say the the date is a picnic and the real character brought lasagna that they made themselves. If you want to make this fanfiction of yours realistic, think to yourself, "would this person be the one to cook some lasagna themselves?" If your answer to that is yes, perfect, put that action in your story. If your answer is no, choose something else for them to bring to this picnic date. Maybe your real character doesn't like to cook and their skill doesn't go past making sandwiches. Then have them bring a sandwich.

If you choose the option of the real character's personality and actions fictional, do whatever you please. Maybe in real life, that person cannot sing. But in your fanfiction, you could have them be someone who has produced many albums. The choice is yours.

If perhaps you have multiple real characters in your fanfiction, you can feel free to have some real characters have accurate personalities and actions, and others can be made up.

However, you do not have to choose any of these options whatsoever. After all, it's your fanfiction and your story, so please feel free to do whatever you want with them. The purpose of this book is to show what goes through my mind when I write my own books, so if you happen to like some of my stories and want to create one of your own, this book is to help you. Whatever you want to put in your story is fine. Be creative.

Applebeees