Part Three: Beginning the Fanfiction

Now, you may start to write.

The first rule of writing a fan fiction is to NEVER list the characters traits and looks right at the beginning. This becomes incredibly annoying and people might not want to read you book if this is the case. Instead, find ways for your readers to discover the traits and looks in a creative way. For example, you could start with your character brushing out their hair in which you could say the length and the color of it. A lot of people do this as it is an easy way to get around the listing. Instead of saying that your main character is a YouTuber or such, you could start with them beginning or ending a video they're making. If one of their siblings is someone famous, you could start with them getting called by their sibling or getting in an argument with them.

Near the beginning of your Fanfiction (in on of the first chapters) you should have your character meet the person they're going to fall in love with. This may not be the person they end up with at the end, but that's alright. Maybe they were childhood best friends, met them at their meet and greet, met at Starbucks, was a sibling's friend, or ran into each other whilst walking.

This is where pov (point of view) comes into play. If they're meeting at a meet and greet, often times the pov switches to the famous person. They usually express their feeling about that person wether it be admiration or hatred. It doesn't always start this way, put pov is something super important when writing a fan fiction. Pov is helpful if you want one of your characters to think something or have an opinion on something without anyone else knowing.

Pov can be used if you want to portray an event from both character's viewpoints. For example, if 2 of your characters are going on a date, one chapter can be the girl's pov and then the next cheater can be the boy's point of view, or the opposite.