𝟏𝟑. 𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

'RING

'RING...RING...RING'

The sound of my phone going off wakes me out of my sleep.

Grabbing my phone from my dresser I flip it on and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hello." I groan, still half asleep.

"Jade, come outside." Jesse's voice crackles through the line.

"Huh?" I say blinking rapidly, raising my head from my pillow.

"Come outside I'm in front of your house. Hurry!" he says before hanging up.

"What the fuck?" I mumble rubbing my eyes as I sit up. Looking at the clock I see it read 1:00 am.

'This boy has lost his fucking mind.'

Tossing my blanket aside, I stand up grab my black baby phat zip-up jacket, and put it on. Grabbing my phone I place it in my pocket.

Walking out of my room, I quietly make my way to the front door. Sliding on my converses I walk outside locking the door.

Turning around I see Jesse's car parked in the front of my house.

Walking over to his car I try to blink away the sleep from my eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" I snap sleepily at him once I climb into the car and buckle up.

"Well, you don't look too happy, Trouble." Jesse laughs, pulling away from the curb.

Turning around I spot Dom, Vince, and Brian in the backseat.

"You motherfuckers better have a good reason for waking me up at 1:00 in the fucking morning." I snap sleepily while yawning.

"Someone's a little cranky," Vince says making my eye twitch.

I unbuckle and swivel around, glaring at him. Then I start popping him across his body, not holding back.

"OW!" he shouts.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" I say but Jesse cuts me off.

"Trouble calm down!"

"Calm down? You woke me at the asscrack of dawn for what? You better have a good damn reason!" I retort finally letting Vince go.

I smooth my hair down, trying to damn the mess I know it was in.

"Alright, Alright!" Dom chimes in, his voice steady. "We need your help with something."

"Help with what, Dom this better now be one of your crazy fucking schemes." I ask while raising an eyebrow, scanning their faces in the dim light.

I watch from the rearview mirror as Brian leans forward his expression suddenly serious. "We're going to break into Johnny Tran's garage."

"What! You four have lost your fucking minds! You want me to help you guys break into that man's garage? Do you understand how dangerous that is if we guys get caught?" I say sitting up straighter as my sleepiness evaporates instantly.