𝟏𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

Opening the door, we step inside, the sound of Diamond's siblings crying filled the air, a haunting reminder of the chaos that had just happened

Heading to the living room I see Diamond's siblings huddled in the corner.

"It's okay. Come here you guys." she says soothingly as she crouches down, arms wide open her face softening despite her earlier fury.

Jaylen (Bo is 7) and Damien (Pebbles is 5) rushed to her arms their small bodies trembling as they sought comfort from her embrace.

"Come here Tweety." I say gently to Phoenix, the youngest who's 3, who stands hesitantly at the edge of the room, clutching her little blanket.

She looked up at me with wide eyes, and I crouched down, opening my arms. "Everything's okay now." I feel her small body relax into my embrace as I pick her up, cradling her to my chest.

"Let's go you Dom's. You guys aren't staying here today." I say making her glance over at me as she picks up her brothers.

"I'm fine with that plan. Let's go." She says her voice steady.

I followed after Diamond, rubbing Tweety's back soothingly. I pick up her discarded blanket and wrap it around her, feeling the warmth of her small frame against mine.

As we made our way out, I glanced back at the scene, the remnants of the fight still lingering in the air. Monique's anger and desperation held no place here, not anymore. This was about protecting family and the strength that came from loving family.

As we stepped into the cool morning air, I couldn't help the sense of urgency I felt to get Diamond and her siblings out of there.

I watched as Diamond walked with Jaylen and Damien in her arms, determination on her face as she walked down the stairs leading to our cars.

"Come on, Tweety." I say as I gently place her in the seat buckling her in. I could see the fear still lingering in her face and it honestly broke my heart.

"Diamond you okay?" I ask quietly keeping my voice low so her siblings can't hear us as I see she finished buckling her brothers in her car.

"I will be. Just need to get away from this place for now and get them safe to Dom's." She says her voice strong but laced with concern.

Glancing over to her I take notice of the cut on her eyebrow that had a bit of blood flowing from it. "You took a hit back there." I say concern laced in my voice.

"It's nothing you took a hit to." she says brushing it off while gesturing towards the side of my eye.

"It's fine Mia's going to clean us up when we get to Dom's." I say making her nod.