Welcome to the C.L.U.B! (Final)

"So let me get this straight: Some club came to you, asked to use your classroom-"

"Temporarily!"

"AND, now they won't leave?"

"Yeah, that's the gist of it."

"Hm. I see." Veronica leaned against her chair. "Have you ever... I don't know... told them to leave?"

"I can't do that!" Vincent exclaimed, still using his library voice. "I told you, Vee, this club helps people. I can't kick them out. I'll feel like a dick!"

After staring at him in a deadpan manner, Veronica decides to turn her focus back to her studies, picking her pencil back up. "Then I don't know what to tell you, Vince. They're a club, not a charity."

"You're just saying that because you haven't met them." Vincent accused her defensively.

"And who is 'them', exactly?" Veronica asks, continuing to take notes.

"Well... I only really talked to the president and his vice. The other two I don't know much about."

"Do you at least have their names?"

"I think their names were Oliver and Seina?"

Suddenly, the atmosphere between the two students felt as if it had dropped 20 degrees. Veronica stopped writing her notes, her pencil still pressed to the paper. Her body stayed dangerously still, as if taking the slightest movement would cause something to break. Vincent noticed the redhead's change in behavior. "Vee?" he asked in concern. Veronica once again stared back at him, her glare being more piercing than usual. The rest of her body stayed in place.

"This Oliver guy... is his last name Meriwether?"

"Don't know. He's in our grade, though. He also got blue eyes and dirty blond hai-"

Vincent didn't get the chance to finish his sentence. In the middle of describing Oliver, he heard a light snapping noise coming from Veronica's direction. Looking down, he found that the pencil she was holding was broken, seemingly suffering from being pressed down on the paper too strongly. The paper itself now has a noticeable black mark in the middle. Veronica looks down as well, annoyed.

"Shit." she muttered.

"Hey, are you okay?" Vincent appeared to be even more worried. "Did I say something wrong?"

Veronica shrugged off his concern, taking another pencil out of the bag beside her. "I'm fine. Look Vince, I don't know about the other people in the club. They could be decent, for all I know." She then turned back toward him, eyes full of warning.

"But what I DO know is that Oliver doesn't have a single selfless bone in his body. Don't believe in a single thing that bastard tells you, got it?" With the way she said it, it sounded more like a demand than a request. Vincent slowly nods his head in understanding.

"Uh... yeah, sure."

After feeling satisfied with his answer, Veronica focused back to her ruined paper, the tense climate finally dispersing. "Good."

Silence overtook the two, with Vincent starting to go deep in thought. He always knew Veronica could be short-tempered at times, but the way she reacted towards hearing Oliver's name was... different. Maybe I shouldn't have come to her for help...

Veronica took a short glance at him, observing his contemplation. She decided to speak more softly. "Like I said, the only way to really get rid of them is to just tell them straight up. I'll do it if you really need me to."

"No," Vincent responded quickly. "It's not your problem. I can handle it."

"You sure?"

Full of resolve, Vincent stood up and confidently declared to his friend.