Chapter 5

Before on Lost And Hidden:
"Why don't you? You can go to the government, they can find your family!" Rydel exclaims happily. We look down sadly.
"We can't get it. We have to be 18 or older." I say. "But we didn't know that. Well, we did, but we hadn't realized. That's why we resulted in running away to find our family. That's another part of the story."
"Well, we still have time!" Riker says looking at his watch.
"Okay, so... It was the next day, early in the morning...‏

Now on Lost And Hidden:

30 November 2007

"The next day means today doof!!!" 'Ally' says to me.

"Potato patato" I argue playfully.

"Can we just get on with the story, we're running out of time!" I add chuckling. She just rolls her eyes at me.

"Yeah, so as I was saying, it was TODAY, early this morning..."

*Flashback‏*

30 November 2007

I jolted awake at the sound of something hitting the floor. I quickly glanced at the clock, only to find out it was 3 am. I jumped on Ally's bed frightened at what could be outside the door and shook her.
"Austin... What the heck are you doing in the middle of the night?" Ally said rubbing her eyes and sitting up.
"There's something outside our room, I just heard something crash!" I said whispering panicked.
"Relax Austin, maybe something moved, mum... I don't know if I can even call her mum- probably left the window open." she said looking at me. I then panicked even more.
"She didn't, I got up few hours ago to go to the toilet, and I'm sure that window was closed!"‏ I started pacing back and forth, getting more anxious as I did so and started hyperventilating.

"Austin... as much as I don't want you to get even more scared, we have to go downstairs to see what is going on..." Ally said, trying to calm me down. I started taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Alright... We'll go... I guess?" I said, not quite sure if it was a good idea. We walked outside our room, stepping into the hallway.

"Look!" Ally said, pulling me to the left. We stopped in front of the old vase that once used to be on the shelf of the bookcase. Now it was just a broken mess laid on the floor. I glanced at the window, only to find out it was still closed.

"Ally... Ally the window is closed. It is CLOSED! That means the wind didn't move anything, somebody is in the house!" I said panicking. I looked back at the broken vase in front of me with a horrified expression.

"You are right... There's no oth-"

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE?" We suddenly heard. We screamed and turned around, to find our parents -well, the people that raised us- standing outside their room looking furious.

"Um um......" I panicked! I didn't know what to do, but to avoid eye contact and thought lame excuses.

"WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUST GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND BREAK THE OLD VASE IN THE HALLWAY? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST?" the woman that raised us, Mimi, screamed her head off at us.

"But, but we didn't do it..." Ally tried to explain. They wouldn't listen. They never did.

"DON'T PLAY INNOCENT WITH US YOUNG LADY!" Mike started losing control. Suddenly, we see our supposed to be siblings walking up the stairs. No wonder who broke the vase... -.-

"What's going on?" Cassidy asked.

"Yea! What's all the shouting about?" Dallas asked acting confused.

"Why were you coming from downstairs?" I asked them trying to change the subject.

"Why do you care?" They both snap at me in unison. I was going to continue the argument, until Mimi said something I was hoping I would never hear.

"I told you that it was a bad idea to adopt them in the first place! Now look where that got us... They've torn our family apart!" she said at the edge of crying. At this point even I was at the edge of crying... Luckily, Ally was stronger and tougher than me. She can hide her feelings well. She grabbed me and dragged me into our room.

*End of Flashback*

"Woah! Woah! Wait! Hold on there! Your stepmother said that? The woman that raised you? Doesn't she have a heart?" Rydel asks clearly shocked from that.

"Hold on a minute! Dude! You almost cried?" Riker asks and to be honest... I'm not embarrassed about this!

"Well, let's see... Yes, yes, I guess not and yes! I actually did cry when I was in our bedroom." I answer.

"Wow! You just say it? Just like that?" Riker asks again not believing his ears.

"Yes! Because everyone that would have been in my shoes, would cry! Maybe not right away... but they would! And also, if you didn't know... It kind of makes the ladies think that you are cute!" I say and wink at him.

"Well buddy! You have my respect! And I'll make sure to try that..." he answers and winks back. By this point the girls are weirded out so I go on with the story.

"Sorry girls! Back to our story..." I say.

*Flashback*

I stumbled behind Ally who had dragged me to our room. I had already started crying by the time she spoke.
"We can't do this." She said sitting me to the bed. "You know what she said is a lie. They're the ones tearing the family apart, by putting labels on us with every chance they get. They've destroyed us to make their lives better, and you know that." She said sitting next to me and putting an arm around my shoulders to comfort me.
"How do you do this? How are you so confident? They just said the worst thing they could've ever said in this situation, and they didn't even regret it! Why aren't you hurt about it?" I said as my voice cracked. I was basically trying to find a way to get her confidence.
"That's just how I am. I know when things are worth crying for. Now calm down, and stop crying. We've got things to do." She said standing up.
"Why? What things?" I asked confused. She turned around and looked down at me.
"I have a plan. Go pack your things. We're leaving."