Chapter 5

The bookshelves part as I walk towards Ms.Lilium. There I see Hesper, covered in burns and blood barely standing up. Mr. Alcander's mop is cut in two. The brush at the head has fallen behind their battle field. She appears to be using the pole now, both of the two ends as weapons. Ms.Lilium has some cuts and bruises but not nearly as bad as Hesper. The black scythe still shines by not light but darkness, making Ms.Lilium look more like a grim reaper.

               "Ah, so you made it out!" Ms.Lilium smiles and talks in a carefree voice as if she isn't about to murder us all, which she doesn't. "Where's everyone else? I thought they could join us?" Hesper looks at me with a 'What the hell are you doing?!' look while still keeping her stance. Seeing her like that makes me angry at Ms.Lilium for hurting Hesper like that. At the same time, I feel fear that she could take her away from me at any moment with her scythe of death. I turn to her.

                "I ditched them." I say while casually walking over to her. Ms. Lilium follows me with her eyes while Hesper is trying to find out what is going on in my head. "They all kept bickering with each other so I left. I didn't want to abandon Hesper."

                "So are you here to play hero and save her? That's so adorable! You have such a beautiful friendship." I laugh at Ms. Lilium's statemnt.

                "Ms.Lilium, I am no hero I am a devil, and I'm here to make a deal with you."

                 "Oh really, and what deal is that?" I hold up the paper.

                "This contains the words to get out of here. All you have to do is read it backwards and you're a free man."

              "That's lovely, but what's in it for you?"

              "I want you to leave everybody here alone and never let us see your face again."

              "Why should I listen to you? I mean I can just steal it from you now."

               "I already told you, I'm the Devil, and right now we are in my little black book. Do you really want to mess with me? Our lives for your exit ticket. Deal?" I take out my right hand carrying the small piece of paper. Ms.Lilium thinks for a moment than nods her head.

               "Agree." She walks over. As soon as our hand clasps, a blur of her scythe comes between us. My hand leaves my body clinging to the Grim Reaper's hold. She then cuts off my head to finish the job leaving nothing behind but a path of black flames and red blood. "Now," she walks over to Hesper who is frozen in fear. With one swing her head rolls on to the floor with a paralyzed face plastered on it. "My goodness, you kids are just too naïve nowadays. " The scythe disappears in what appears to be a puff of smoke. Ms.Lilium notices that the small paper is in the right hand she still clasps to. Right about when she's about to pull the paper out, the hand opens wide. She gasps but before she can even move, It latches onto her throat, choking her until she collapses to the ground on her knees. Her eyes widen as they become full of panic. "How did this happen to me? Is this the end? Is this my death?"she thinks before she dies. She looks up to see Carolina, Daniel, and Mr.Ubert all gazing down at her. "I thought you were dead!" she screams in her head. "Why are you guys here?" I walk toward her limping body on the ground. She looks like a fish laid out on land who is at the mercy of it's hunter. I kneel down and quietly whisper in her ear-

               "You made a deal with me, Ms. Lilium. Our lives for your get away, but I knew you would break this. Your lust for blood is too strong, or maybe it was not lust. Maybe it was your ignorance that we were no more than thorns in your path that you had to cut down. That no longer matters though." She glares at me with raging eyes. "You see Ms. Lilium, that deal you made was with the devil, and if you break a deal with the devil," I point up to the last faces she will ever see alive, "You will face the wrath of hell." With these last words darkness clouds Ms.Lilium's vision. The only view she could make out was the faces of her victims staring at her as if she was nothing more than a broken doll.