Quidditch World Cup and Chaos

Chapter One

Quidditch World Cup and Chaos

When Ginny and I got back to the tent I went to the bathroom and opened the note Malfoy slipped into my hand.

Piper,

Can't wait to see you again! After the World Cup ends I am going to sneak away from my Father,

meet by the big twisted tree in woods behind the camp.

Draco.

I smile when I finish reading the note. So he does want to see me and he doesn't hate me. I should have known that what he called me earlier was just because of Ginny.

I still feel sad though, I really wish we could just be friends. I want to be able to walk with him down the corridors of Hogwarts, I want to go to Honey Dukes with him, I want to be able to talk to him in front of all of his cronies....

But of course we can't because his father would probably disown him, or worse, find away to do away with me...

I swallow hard and push that thought far, far away from all of my happy thoughts. I wash my hands and walk back out into the main area of the tent.

"Well now that Piper is out we shall head off to the stadium, shall we?" Mr. Weasley smiles happily.

We all nod and exclaim in excitment as we head to the giant stadium that is one thousand rows high and goes into the hill that it is on.

We check our tickets and start to walk up.

"How high up are our seats, Dad?" Fred asks.

"Well put it this way, if it rains, you will be the first to know." a man from the row below us says. The man is long and tall with blac robes and platnum white blond hair.

"Hello Lucius." Mr. Weasley bites out stiffly.

"Weasley...." Mr. Malfoy says just as stiffly. We are all about to walk away when Mr. Malfoy brings his cane done on Harry's foot, Ron and Hermione step forward to defend him.

I look up to see Draco looking at me. I smile at him and the corner of his mouth pulls up in a quick smile and then it dissapears like it was never there at all.

I am so lost staring at Draco that I don't hear what Mr. Malfoy says to Harry until we are walking away.

"We are in the Priministers box," Draco stars. I plead him with my eyes to stop now, but of course he doens't. What a pain..."special invination by Cornelious Fudge himself!" he finishes.

His father stops and puts the butt of his cane to Draco's stomach. Draco frowns and rubs where it hit. "Don't bost Draco..." and they walk away.

"Can you believe them?" Ginny growls in anger.

"No... I can't..." I shake my head in dissapointment when Draco looks up at me. A sad look crosses his eyes before his father pushes him forward slightly.

All I want to do is reach out and take his hand, lead him away from his evil father... Draco could be the sweetest if is father hadn't corrupted him...

I shake my head and look straight ahead.

I shouldn't be feeling bad for Draco, he kind of disserves what he gets from his father. I shake that thought from my mind too.

Half way through last year I had seen a new side of Draco and we had becomes friends, but every once in awhile I still have cruel thoughts towards him.