ten

I wake up on the couch, my back beginning to ache from the cheap furniture.

Jack had offered to share his bed with me, but I declined because I wasn't going to sleep on a bed with a guy that may just yell at me to get off of it again.

The kiss was great though, I just wish he hadn't ruined it.

As soon as I yawn, I notice how dry my mouth is so I get up and head in the direction of the kitchen to get a glass of water. I stop dead in my tracks when I enter the kitchen and see Jack cooking something on the stove, as his upper body was on full display and his sweatpants were hanging loosely off his hips.

Now my mouth is really dry.

"Sorry, if you want to look any longer you'll have to give me 50 bucks," he says and I can almost hear the smirk plastered on his face.

I clear my throat and continue walking to the fridge. I open it and as expected, the only type of beverage they have is alcohol.

"Have you guys ever heard of water?" I groan as I search the cabinets for a cup. Once I find one, I fill it with tap water and hope for the best as I look in the freezer for ice.

There's ice alright. Exactly one ice cube. I roll my eyes and place it in my cup anyways.

"Or ice for that matter?" I add, placing my cup on the counter and refilling the ice trays with water considering it seems like no one else was going to do it.

"Hey, hey I'm making you breakfast, so watch the attitude," Jack warns as he flips a pancake.

"Are they apology pancakes perhaps?" I ask, sitting down at the table as I take small sips of my warm water.

"For what?" he asks as he turns around to look at me, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"For being an ass to me last night?" I remind him. He either didn't remember or didn't see his faults and that's...even more of a dick move.

"How is wanting to get some sleep being an ass?" he laughs like he couldn't believe what I was saying.

"You could have simply asked properly instead of demanding me to get off off the bed in which you put me on in the first place," I explain, smiling sarcastically. "But I'm not going to waste my breath any longer. I'll be back later or not."

I walk out of the kitchen and go in the living room to slip on my boots and as I do so, Jack follows me.

"Where are you going?" he asks, the spatula still in his hand.

"Somewhere."

And with that, I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk out the door.

~

I've been in town for awhile now and it's getting pretty late, but I still didn't know if I wanted to go back to Jack and the rest of the guys.

Wait. My damn money. They never gave me my share of the money. So I guess I didn't have a choice, huh?

When I get to the house, I contemplate on knocking but I walk in anyways considering no one probably knew I left besides Jack.

There's no one in visible sight, so I call out for someone but I don't hear any answers. I groan as I check the rooms, the first one being Jack's.

I gasp at the sight of Jack thrusting into some brunette and I feel my knees lock.

They both turn to look at me, but I exit and shut the door behind me before any awkward sentences are exchanged.

....I don't know how to feel?

I almost feel jealous? Betrayed perhaps? I don't know why though. Jack and I haven't done anything other than kiss and exchange a few flirty compliments.

I'm just about to walk out the door when I remember that I need my money. By the looks of it, the other guys don't seem to be here so it's not like I can ask them. So too bad Jack is my only solution here and too bad he's screwing someone in the other room.

A few torturous minutes drone on before I hear the sound of a door opening from behind me. I turn to look and I see a shirtless Jack and the brunette wearing nothing besides Jack's shirt, which reaches just above her mid thigh.

I can't make out Jack's expression or decipher what he's feeling, as per usual. But as for the brunette, she has a big ass smirk plastered right on her face.

++++

* a/n *

quick question: for future references, do yall want detailed smut or do you just wanna have a few sentences about it and get it done it over with bc idk what to do lmao

~ amy 🌿🌾