Part VI

Phil POV
I wake up by the shining light of the sun on my face. I open my eyes and realize.. I'm on the couch? I feel a weight press on me and look down at a sleeping Dan. Then i remember. I smile and hope he's okay. I don't know why but i'm very worried about him. I think i'll make him breakfast and ask him what happened, maybe i can help him. I know he hates me and to be honest I don't like him really much either, but when i can help someone, i will. And i believe Dan's actually a good person under all the creep. And by the way, it must mean something he came to me right? I shake him softly and he groans a bit, turning his head on my chest as if to say 'five more minutes...' Then suddenly his eyes open wide and he jumps off the couch, running his hands through his curly morning hair looking really disoriented. I swig my legs over the couch, sit up straight and ask him "something wrong?" He looks at me with his eyes open wide. "I gotta go" then he storms off, leaving me confused on the couch.

Dan's POV
I storm out the door. How could i be so stupid?! Coming to Phils house?! I mentally slap myself in the face. I hate him. But he did comfort me last night, he did held me in his arms while i cried. He took care of me while he hates me and knows i hate him. No. No no no it was a mistake. Where should i go? Home? I'm not sure if i want to, but i have nowhere else to go. I slowly walk home in the cold morning, rubbing my arms to keep myself a bit warm. My clothes are still a bit wet and my hair has gone all curly from the rain. When i come home the house is empty, my mom nowhere to be seem. And phoebe is still at the school. I sigh out of relief and storm to my room.

Phil's POV
I hear the front door slam shut and i just sit there. Shocked. How can he just storm off after that? First he was so broken and fragile it almost made me cry and then he just runs off? I'll text him after i have breakfast. Maybe he just needs some time to calm down. I turn on my music and start take my bowl, lucky charms and milk while i dance a bit along with 'sugar we're going down'. I can't think straight though.. My mind keeps wondering off to Dan and what could have happened. Could it be something at home? With school? Or was he just tired? No... He was broken... I sit down at the table and start munching on my lucky charms, leaving all the cabinets open. Okay i can't do this anymore, i have to know.
~hey, i was just wondering if you're okay now? What happened? Wanna talk about it?-P~
I eagerly wait for his response but i don't have to wait long.
~what do you mean? -D~
~you know... Last night... You looked pretty broken are you fine now? -P~
~sorry i have no idea what you're talking about nothing happened last night?! -D~
~just leave me alone you freak~
I frown and i'm shocked. Is he just gonna deny it now? Doesn't he remember? No. He must remember. But then why does he deny it? I figure i should just leave him alone and ask PJ and Cris what they think on Monday. They can probably help me.

^>^>^>^>^>^>^>^>

"So the he came to my house and cried his heart out, he was sobbing so hard and he looked so broken and just... So terribly sad so i just laid him down on the couch and comforted him, then we both fell asleep and when i woke him up he just stormed off" i explain to Cris and PJ on a whisper tone, since Dan was sitting behind them at a lunch table.
"What?! He just ran away?!" Cris blurts
"Shh!" PJ shushes "he sits behind us you dingus! so did you hear anything from him after that?" he asks. "Here" i say and give them my phone so they can read the texts. When Cris is finished reading he looks at me like i just came from the moon "he denied it?!" He blurts "and you're sure it wasn't one of your crazy dreams?" PJ asks. "Very funny peej but no. This was real and he pretends like it never happened. I just don't get it, why would me let me comfort him like that and then just storm off...?" For a moment there is an awkward silence. "Okay i know you have a thing for him! you always zone off, you keep staring at him at lunch, not to mention math and biology!" Chris rants " Oh and physics and don't think i haven't seen you checking him out at p.e. You also talk about him. I mean he is pretty good looking but se-" PJ cuts Cris off "yeah okay Cris we get it, but maybe you just wanted to help a person in need. Point is, he's probably just ashamed and scared that he came to you or that people will find out" they look at me and i'm startled. Did i really have a thing for Dan? I mean he looks really cute when he sleeps and we like the same stuff and his hair is just.. Crap. I sigh and look at the table, playing with the shit (i don't even know what it is) looking like cat barf on my plate. I look up and see Dan sitting alone at his lunch table, listening to his music, actually eating his lunch?! I furrow my brows but let it go. i look at PJ, who just looks concerned and kind, then Cris, who's just smirking. Then i look at the table again, starting to stir the cat barf again. "Yeah... Chris is right but it must mean something he came to me right?" I look up at them and Cris' smirk only became wider and he holds his hand up like the sassy girl emoji (💁), while PJ just grunts, takes out his wallet and places ten pounds out of it in Cris' hand, who gladly accepts it an puts it in his pocket. "What?" Then it hits me "jezus you guys!" I exclaim "you can't just bet on who i like or not!?" "Yeah we just did, AND PJ LOST!" Cris says, waving the money teasingly in front of PJ's face.