Part one

Gale pov

We just finished skinning the turkey we shot in the woods. Katniss was fishing a few feet away from me. She speared five fish all at once. I remember the day she taught me how to shoot a bow. I kept missing and missing every time. Finally, one day, I watched as Katniss skewered two birds barley looking. I figured if she could do that, maybe I could. I finally shot the stupid bird out of the sky. She looked at it for a minute, a little confused, then she turned round and smiled. She smiled so big and expanded happily "Gale!!! You did it" her smile lit up her face. That's when I knew it. I was falling for this girl I met in the woods a year ago. A year ago, she was a scrawny little kid. It took a while for us to actually become friends. For us to finally stop squabbling over every trade. For us to trust each other. Since I met her four years ago, she has filled out. She is no longer the small hungry child I found on a hunting trek. She was tall and athletic, a great shot, and my best friend. As I watch her catch the fish in the pond, I wonder what is going on in her mind. She is so strong, so brave to have survived the games. I was so proud of her. But she wasn't the least bit proud of herself. She was ashamed. Depressed. Sad.
I remember when she got off the train. She couldn't even go hug prim. She was rushed straight into the justice building, and we were all told to go home. The day I finally got to see her alone, we were in the woods. She sat there in our spot. I stood quietly a little while away just watching her. Watching. Her eyes flit around. Watch hi g her hair drift around her face in the wind. Then she turned around. She saw me. A flood of relief washed over her face. She sprang up and sprinted towards me. She jumped in to my arms and squeezed so tight I could barley breath. I hugged her even tighter. I herd a cry escape her lips. "Shh your safe with me. Shh it's ok" she relaxed a little and pulled away. She looked at me with those determined gray eyes of hers. "I missed you so much" she choked out. "I missed you so much I couldn't even give you words to describe it" I replied as she hugged me again.
I am jerked out of my little daydream when Katniss says "we should get going. The Suns starting to go down." "Ok" I said with a smile. As we started to walk back, I noticed she was shivering pretty hard. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and drew her in closer. "Thanks." She said with a smile.

As we approached the fence I herd something. It was a buzz. "Shoot" I said quietly. The fence was electrified. "Oh no. We're gonna freeze if we spend the night here" she said with a hint of annoyance. "Well we better go find somewhere to sleep." I said. I could tell she was exhausted. "ok" she replied